Cat

'How on earth did she?' Demetri questioned himself as he stared wide eyed at the vacant spot she was just standing in. Everything had vanished. Her scent lingered around the room but where she stood it was just... gone.

Ignoring his sire Demetri found himself running in the direction of the tenor of her mind. 

The hunt had begun. 

Flashback About 1100 AD Cairo, Egypt:

Demetri was locked in his room. 

Again.

He couldn't understand why Amun wished to keep him hidden all the time. He was a vampire, one of the most feared creatures ever created. He was at the top of the food chain, so what did he have to fear? 

He stood by the window in the shadow of the curtains as he watched the humans go about their lives. From up here he could see them scurry about like insects. Like many before him, he couldn't remember his human life but according to Amun he'd expressed a talent for finding things. He enjoyed hunting, he missed the feeling of stalking prey. The fear as they tried to run knowing they'd been caught. But for him the thrill was always in the chase.

He was a hunter, he always will be. 

Which is why being locked in his room was driving him insane. Sure he could just break out but he couldn't disrespect Amun like that. He scanned the crowed below him latching onto the tenor's of their minds. He would hold on to one and see how far he could trace it just to pass the time. 

Kebi would bring him food but he felt like some lost princess waiting for a prince to take him away. Snorting at the thought he turned to his sire's mate.

"How much longer?" He asks taking the human from her arms. 

"We do not know, they've been watching the city for some time now." She replied sympathetically. "He's annoyed you went hunting and drew attention to us. He's only trying to protect you."

"What is the point in this existence if all I am going to do is waste away in the shadows?" He pondered out loud watching black hooded figures approach their front doors. He had been hunting without permission and crossed the path of another vampire. The vampire, Felix, was rather interested in the way he hunted, so Demetri told him. "We have visitors." Kebi rushed to the younger vampire's side and looked down gasping in surprise causing red eyes to glance their direction.  A smirk tugged on the lips of the man that clearly stood out as their leader. 

Kebi and Demetri descended to the living area quickly taking their positions at Amun's side as the double doors opened and the cloaked figures entered the room in an extravagant manner. 

Demetri never realized in that moment his life had changed for good. 

His loyalty to his coven faded away, but one thing stood out for him.

He had finally gained a purpose.

Demetri allowed the slight haze of memory to pass from his mind as he'd been blindly chasing her mind for a couple of days now. He took in his surroundings. He recognized the Spanish architecture and the undeniable scent of Madrid. He followed her scent easily. She was long gone, her tenor somewhere further north, but her scent had been all over this area. 

The smell of olives and honey led him to an abandoned building. He could smell the spilled blood inside  leaving a rusty tang in the air. The temptation of fresh blood causing his eyes to darken considerably. 

"She said you were coming." A nomad stood by the window looking at the envelope in his hand. He wore a large brown trench coat that buried his slim physique. Dull colored jeans and a t-shirt was just visible. "I suppose this is my punishment for betraying her coven hundreds of years ago. I always knew she'd call in the favor I owed her eventually." His red eyes met Demetri's.