Power

A group had gathered in a small clearing visible from the house in order to train Isabella's abilities. Andy watched with anticipation as Bella began to get a grasp on how to control her shield. She stood shoulder to shoulder with Diego with a contemplative smirk on her lips.

She could feel the air shift and change slightly. It reminded her of the comforting embrace she felt every time she crossed Aegeus' shield into her home.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate commented and Andy nodded in agreement.

"Edward," she offered up the girl's mate knowing that it would push her to succeed. Anger was one of the best ways to bring out somebody's power. Pain was another, it pushes out the instinctive desire to survive but she didn't want to break the young vampire.

"No," the newborn protests as he stepped forward.

"It's alright I can take it."

"He says that now." The patriot drawls causing Emmett to smirk.

"Focus Bella, or he's going to be hurting." His voice and tone was teasing but they could all tell he was being completely serious.

"Edward I'm not ready to do this yet!" Kate's hand made contact with his skin and sent electric shocks through his nerve endings making him crumble to his knees as he hissed in pain. "I'm sorry I said I wasn't ready." Bella protested causing Andy to release a small chuckle.

"Dude you're not motivating her."

"You want to try?!" Edward snapped at his brother who held his hands up defensively.

She tries again but Andy could tell she was losing focus. "Kate," Bella growled as her mate is electrocuted again.

"You seem to lack incentive, should I go and see if Renesme is awake?" Kate taunted.

"Are you crazy?!" The young mother was set to tare the blonde's head off.

"Alright, this one's on full power." She grinned raising her hand. Edward gave Bella a pleading look as he offered his own hand.

She could feel it, she could feel the waves of power radiating from the young newborn and shifted her position curiously. She didn't want to be inside her shield, she needed to be out of range of it so that her mate could feel her mind.

She watched with slight awe as the waves shocked through his arm but met some resistance.

"It's painful, but it's bearable." Edward commented as the others looked to his arm in awe.

"Okay we should go again."

"Emmett." Edward offered and the larger vampire refused.

"I'm good."

"I'll go." Diego said stepping forward.

"Nope." Andy said taking his arm and pulled him towards the house. "You'll only absorb it, which isn't really that motivational for Bella. Come on, I want you to meet someone."

"Fine," the vampire grumbled. He was looking forward to the feeling of Kate's power running through his veins again. It was like a drug, so intoxicating that he craved it deeply.

Andy knew how addicting it could be. From the way Tydeus described it the energy he felt from the flames was akin to drinking blood. She looped her arm through Diego's and listened closely for the location of the vampire's she was looking for. It wasn't that hard, they still hadn't moved

"Benji," she sang happily skipping into the Cullen's living room where the Egyptians had gathered.

She spotted Bree trying to coax Fred out of his corner as she entered.