Hermes

"I can't find it." The voice was paired with a sea-breezed scent. He could feel the hot sand beneath his bare feet as he listened.

"I can't find it." The voice was distorted, as though he was listening through water though the language clearly Byzantine Greek.

"You don't talk much do you?" He felt the laughter rather than heard it. His mind was trying to mend the suppressed images as though they were pixelated. He could make out the sand and the blue of the sea and sky, but he couldn't work out where they met.

"I can't find it." The voice repeated.

Demetri clutched his head in his hands as echoes from his past plagued his mind. He couldn't figure out what was triggering them, but he couldn't see enough to decipher them either. His fingers turned the coin that depicted Hermes absentmindedly in his hand as he tried to control his own thoughts. It seemed to calm him slightly, having something so heavily drenched in his mate's scent. He could still feel her tenor like it was the only one there. She was in Canada, she'd been lingering there for quite some time.

"I can't find it." The voice endlessly echoed in the back of his subconscious.

"You've been summoned to the throne room." Felix's deep voice broke him from his slowly growing insanity.

He didn't question it. He never did, he was a loyal guard so what reason did he have to fear his master's decisions. But he couldn't help the nagging feeling that something was very wrong.

The air was heavy and tense as he entered the chamber. His eyes searched for the culprit to find all eyes were on him. He moved and they followed, making him feel uneasy under their gaze. Marcus was staring at him intently as all patrons awaited the arrival of Aro and Caius.

Aro entered first his cloak swishing behind him. He didn't spare the guard a glance as he made his way to his throne, Renata, his personal shield trailing after him. She was always there, and had been for centuries. So long that other guard members forgot she was even present most of the time. Her black hair, small stature and mouse-like features were always hidden by her cloak as her crimson eyes darted searching for any danger that may present itself to her master.

"Brother, Demetri, Felix, stay. Everyone else can leave." He commanded and the guards gave a confused look but followed his orders anyway.

"Master?" Renata questioned her hands clinging to his cloak like a child.

"I shall be perfectly fine dear one, you may leave." He tells her and she hesitates but leaves only to most likely linger by the door.

The two guards stand stiffly as they patiently wait, their superior hearing picking up the loud arguing of another one of their masters.

"You don't trust me!?" The male blonde shouted, "then why the hell did you marry me!?"

"I didn't say I don't love you!" The female voice shouted in turn, "Of course I love you, but they were my family Caius."

"And we're not!?" He snapped storming into the chamber.

"I never said that either," her tone had calmed significantly as she entered the room stopping to stand between Felix and Demetri.

"I want to know everything." Caius snapped to Marcus who slowly raised a brow, "Now!"

Although Aro could see the bonds through his brother, he did not interpret them as well as Marcus did.

"It's always been there." Marcus spoke slowly his eyes lingering on Athenodora. "I never saw it before because her bonds with the members of this coven were so bright." He paused and looked between her and Demetri. "They are both loyal to her, they both trust her and they both love her. She is Demetri's true mate, and Athenodora's child and sister."