►chapter ten ♣ net retpahc◄

Faith was already ruling the school by week three. Students parted to the sides for her, shouting out hello's and hi's. It was exhausting to say the least. She didn't want to have to talk to people, but she kept her act up. The smile on her face never faltered as she walked down the crowded halls, though she wanted nothing more than to strangle the next person to come up to her.

"Your resolve is quite impressive." Damon said as he threw his arm over her shoulders. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were ecstatic that so many people were trying to talk to you." He glanced at her in amusement. Faith pulled the books into her chest, keeping her smile on as she spoke.

"Yes, well, I'm about to break." He chuckled and pulled her to the side, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Breath." She inhaled deeply, keeping her eyes on him as she exhaled.

"Why are they so insistent on talking to me? I can't go to the bathroom without getting hounded." She huffed ruffling the black curls. He pulled her into his chest, chuckling.

"It's part of the popularity. If you were openly a bitch, people wouldn't hound you, like me." She let him hold her, finding the sensation oddly satisfying. "I walk down the halls people avoid me, but are first in line to do whatever I ask of them."

"True, but I'm a doll, remember? I can't be a bitch." She whispered against his neck, grazing her nose slightly.

"Alright you've got a point." She stepped back with a soft, innocent smile. "I still like the real version of you better." He said leaning on the locker and brushing a curl behind her ears. "The one with the british accent." Faith rolled her eyes and struggled to hide her blush.

"Yeah? If only I wasn't constantly under watch." She said looking around to find the other students watching their exchange with curious stares.

He rolled his eyes and threw an arm over her shoulder once more, pulling her into his chest as they walked down the hallways. A boy came up to her, a smile wide on his face ready to greet her for the day, until he caught sight of Damon's glare, which quickly sent him on his way.

"Maybe I should try it after all." Faith murmured in amusement.

"Nah, you're too much of a doll." He kissed the top of her head affectionately and the gesture warmed her heart somehow.

"You know what I'd really like to see?" She asked looking up at him.

"What?"

"A fight." Damon looked down to see her eyes shining with glee. "Will you fight someone for me Damon?" She asked innocently, batting her eyes at him and placing a hand on his chest as they came to her class.

"How about for a kiss?" He asked pulling her closer, leaving a small gap between them.

"Hmmm, after the fight then." She whispered with a smile before pulling away and walking into class.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you and Damon have gotten pretty cozy, huh?" Caroline wiggled her eyes suggestively. Faith chuckled and shook her head.

"No, we're just friends." She pouted in disappointment, but Faith didn't want to give her the satisfaction of owning any information on Faith. She'd been able to dodge any and all questions thrown at her, averting them towards Caroline.

"Well, whatever. I did, though, find a really hot guy you might be interested in." She wiggled her brows again. "I showed him a picture of you and he said you were the hottest girl he'd ever seen. He'll be meeting us at lunch." Faith raised a brow in amusement at Caroline. She'd grown on her and Faith found her highly entertaining.

The rest of the class flew by and soon it was lunch. Damon already sat there with Matt next to him. Damon's eyes shined as the girls sat down, his leg inching next to her. "Guy's this is Daniel." Caroline said, gesturing to a boy who seemingly came out of nowhere. "This is the guy I was telling you about, Faith." She giggled as Daniel sat down next to Faith. She felt Damon instantly stiffen but she placed a hand on his thigh under the table.

"Hi, I'm Faith." Daniel beamed. She took in his broad shoulders and blonde hair, his blue eyes shining with glee, registering the lack of threat and power.

"Nice to meet you, Caroline's told me a lot about you." Faith giggled and felt Damon's hand cover her own.

"I can't say the same, I've only heard about you for the first time in my last class." She batted her lashes before shooting Caroline a glance but followed it with a sweet smile towards Daniel. She felt Damon's hold tighten. "Excuse me for a second." She gave the group a kind smile and squeezed Damon's hand, telling him to follow.

She left the cafeteria and waited in the hallway. Soon after Damon followed with a glare stuck on his face. He gripped her wrist and pulled her down the hall. Faith couldn't keep the excitement out of her smile. He pulled her into the closet and pushed her against the wall, pressing his body to hers and pinning her arms above her head. "Are you trying to make me jealous?" He growled angrily.

"Not exactly." She grinned at him. "I was just being polite." She smiled innocently.

"You can be polite without giggling like a schoolgirl." His eyes narrowed. Faith chuckled as she pulled her hands out of his hard grip wrapping it around his neck and bringing him closer. "I don't like him."

"I don't know, I thought he was kind of cute." She giggled making his hands gripping her waist tighten. "Besides, if we were to date, the idea of cheating on him," She whispered leaning forward, "with you, sound oddly stimulating." She grazed his cheek with her nose. He pushed her farther into the wall.

"As much as I love the sound of that, I'm not exactly a fan of letting someone else touch what's mine." He growled against her neck. She laughed out loud then.

She gripped his chin, her nails digging into his cheeks and bringing his eyes leveled with hers, their lips slightly grazing. "Who said I was yours?" She asked amused. "You might be mine, but I'm no one's." She said. A smirk suddenly took over his lips and she found her eyes daring to look.

"See that's where you're wrong because you are mine. And I'm about to get that kiss, very, very soon." He whispered before jumping back and storming out of the closet.

Faith's eyes widened as his words finally processed, a smile suddenly gracing her lips. She bolted out the closet and flew into the cafeteria, just in time to see Damon throw a punch to Daniel's jaw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon was seeing red. All he wanted to do was bash the douchebag's face in. He had the nerve to speak to her, to flirt with her, in front of him. He wasn't about to let him get away with it. He heard the cafeteria turn silent after the first blow, seemingly in shock. It quickly broke as they realized a fight had broken out, and cheers and shouts filled the room.

The blow had knocked Daniel off the chair. Damon didn't let him recover and quickly threw another punch to his stomach. Daniel's eyes bugged out of his head as the air was knocked out of him. Damon stood back, letting him stand up, knowing Faith would have liked a show. Daniel gathered his breath and stood up, confusion lacing his face suddenly replaced with anger. He shot out, running at Damon and tackling him to the ground.

Damon huffed but pushed himself out from under Daniel, switching the positions and throwing more punches at Daniel's face. Damon stood up and kicked him in the side. Daniel groaned as he rolled into a ball. Damon leaned down to his ear and whispered, "stay away from my girl." He then turned around to find Faith watching it all, a hand covering her mouth and tears filling her eyes. She looked devastated, but he knew that was all an act. Her eyes shined with delight. She gasped before running away, leaving the students in a stunned silence, glaring at him as he ran after her.

As soon as he was out in the hallways he was pulled into a classroom, with lips instantly attacking his.