►chapter twentytwo ♣ owtytnewt retpahc◄

"How is this possible?" Faith's father asked, stepping closer to her. "For generations, our family has come to the surface, and never has this happened before."

"Perhaps something must have changed." Faith stayed still as her father walked around her, scanning her for any imperfections.

"It's not because you're a woman, because Lilith already went through this before and nothing happened."

"Has it always been this school?" He nodded.

"The first Devil created this school once the humans were smart enough to understand they needed an education. It's sole purpose was to give the next generation a chance to understand humanity." Slowly he moved towards the foot of the bed, her bed, and inhaled deeply. "I smell another scent. That boy, Damion. He's been in your bed. Many times." he turned to her with narrowed eyes but she simply furrowed her brows.

"What is the problem? I've had many partners in the past."

"Yes, but not one multiple times." He stood before her, shoulders tense. Slowly, he took in her scent. Her hair stood on her arms, and a shiver went down her spine but she stayed perfectly still. "I feel something in you. Something you should not be feeling." She didn't dare pray for anything out of fear he would hear it. Instead she kept her face stoic. "I feel love." Not a tick.

"What for, exactly?" She asked sweetly.

"I'm not sure. But I know you feel it." He leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest. "Perhaps this is why you're turning human. Something in your environment is making you turn."

"Well what can we do to stop it?" She asked, hoping she wouldn't have to give away the reason.

"Until we find the source, you will continue to become more human as the days go on. You are forbidden from going back to the Underworld until you finish your time here on the surface, so you will have to remain here. The best we can do is slow it down." He pulled a necklace out of his pocket, putting it over her head. "Wear this at all times. It is the only one it its existence. If you lose it, you will turn human completely and never come home again." She held the necklace in her hand.

It was a black symbol, simple in design. She could feel the power reverberating through her body, sending a warmth she didn't know she could feel. She looked up at her the Devil. "Thank you, father."

"I can't find out what it is from the Underworld, and I won't be able to find out since I can only be here for a certain period at a time. So it is up to you to find out what is changing you, and how to fix it." He patted her head. "It's up to you my little devil."

With a quick poof he was gone into a cloud of black smoke.

She hadn't realized her father had been there for so long. By the time she showered and changed into her pajamas, which was really lingerie, Damion was already knocking on the door. She pulled over a shirt and shorts, moving the necklace under the neckline and finally opened the door.

Damion stood in front of her, leaning on the door side with a single red rose in his hands. He looked up at her and smiled that smirk of his. "What's the rose for?" She asked, taking him by the hand and pulling him inside her room. She sat on the bed, but he simply lifted her up and put her on his lap.

"A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl," he mumbled, kissing her neck as she smelled the flower with a goofy grin on her lips.

"You didn't have to." She looked to him, her lips dangerously close to his.

"Yes I did." His smirk turned goofy, like hers. She rolled her eyes and looked away, feeling something stir in the pit of her stomach. "Faith." She hummed, turning to him.

Without a moment's hesitation, his lips were on hers once again as he leaned her back into the bed. She giggled at his eagerness and he smiled back into the kiss. Her hands ran through his hair, tugging as their hungry kiss turned slow and he pulled back gently. Damon brushed away fallen strands from her cheeks, gazing down at her. "I really like you Faith." He whispered, sending a spew of emotions through her body. With a killer-watt smile, she pulled him back into the kiss, holding him tighter than ever before.

Seems she already found the source she was looking for.