4

This is the first weekend since I moved to Los Angeles that my kids aren't going to be with me. They are going to spend it with their father. I'm scared to send them to him for two nights.

***

I drive over to Cross Inc and try to see Noah before he goes on his lunch break. When I arrive at the building I see Paula on the phone. I walk past her.

Paula looks up and she shouts. "You can't go in there.

Watch me. I thought pushing the door open to Noah's office.

Paula grabs my arm before I walk through the door. "I told you. You can't go in there."

I elbow her in the face before I move into the room. I start to close the door and I look at her. "Touch me again and you'll get more than my elbow to your face, Paula."

Noah looks at Paula. "Get back to work, Paula. I don't pay you to harass my Ex Wife."

Paula crosses her arms and she stomps over to her desk. The phone starts to ring and she answers it.

Noah turns to me. "What can I do for you, Amelia?"

I move over to his desk and sit opposite him. "Can you take a lunch break? There's something I need to discuss with you."

Noah smiles. "Sure, I'll let Paula know." He picks up his jacket and walks out the door.

I leave the office and wait for him next to my red MX-5 2015 make. He whistles. "Nice car." I smile. "I know. When I don't have to drive the kids around I take her out of the garage." I pet my car. "Get in." I climb into the car and start the engine.

Noah climbs into the passenger seat. He puts his seatbelt on and then adjusts the car seat for himself.

I pull the car out of the parking. I wait for the gate to open before I pull onto the road and drive to our destination.

Noah looks out the window. "Where are we going?"

I smile. "To my place. That way we get some privacy. I want to get to know the man you are now, Noah."

A smile spreads across his face. "I want the same thing."

I pull the car into the driveway and park in front of my three story mansion with a wrap- around porch and a golden angel statue. I take off my seatbelt and then step out of the car.

Noah steps out of the car and he looks at the house. He looks at the backyard and he sees the beach. He smiles. "I can't believe you came across the house we wanted to live in since we were twenty. I can't believe that one of us had the guts to buy something that we wanted together."

I shrug. "It's not a big deal, Noah. We were stupid kids when we were talking about all of this." I wave my hand around.

He shakes his head. "We were in love. We were planning a future until you ruined it all."

I glare at him. "HOW DID I RUIN OUR FUTURE, NOAH CROSS?"

He looks at the house. "You cheated on me. Paula had photos of you and Jaden together."

I start laughing. "You really are an idiot. Jaden, is gay. He wouldn't do anything with me," I laugh again. "He told me he had a thing for you." I lean over holding my stomach from the laughter. I shake my head. "I haven't laughed like that in a long time, Noah."

Noah walks up the stairs and stops in front of the swinging chair. He runs his hands over it and looks at me. "I remember when I gave this to you. We had been out of high school for a three weeks when we found out you were eight weeks pregnant." He looks at the ground. "That was one of the best memories I have with you. Then the following week you had a miscarriage and I treated you like dirt after that." When he looks up he has tear running down his face. "I'm sorry for everything that's happened between us, Amelia. Will you ever forgive?"