Bonus Chapter

Callie's Baby Shower

Noah and I are in the bedroom dressing Talley and Arley for the Baby Shower. The triplets run into the room. The girls are wearing dresses and Harley is in a pair of jeans and a button up shirt.

He looks handsome.

Gisele keeps pulling on the dress. "Mum, can I put something else on?"

I sigh. "Fine, can you help her find something to wear, Noah?"

Gisele grabs his hand and pulls me out of the room.

I put the twins in the crib as Noah returns. "Gisele wants you."

I walk into Gisele's room and she's standing by the window looking outside. "Hey, baby. What do you need?"

She smiles. "Can you put my hair up in a ponytail?"

I pull an elastic band off Gisele's brush and put her hair up. She pulls a cap off the bed and puts on her head. Gisele and I walk out of the house and climb into the car.

***

Noah pulls the car into the driveway of The Hunter Mansion. I can see Callie and Kaiden at the door. Noah finds somewhere to park his car. Noah and I get the twins out of the car. The triplets run to Callie and Kaiden.

I hold Noah's hand as we walk up to the house.

Callie looks at the twins. "Aw, they look so cute. Can I hold one?"

I smile at her. "Sure," I put Talley in her arms.

Callie smiles at her Goddaughter/niece. She starts singing to my daughter and she closes her eyes. She carries my daughter to the nursery and places her in the crib. Noah does the same for our son.

We step back to watch the twins sleep.

The doorbell rings and I close the door to the bedroom. The house is filling up with men and women.

Kaiden kisses Callie. "The guys and I are going to pub."

"Okay, be back in three hours. I want you here to open the presents with me."

He smiles. "I'll be back before then."

Noah kisses me. "Can you drive home tonight?"

I nod.

The men leave the house.

***

"The first game we're going to play is cut the string to how big you think Callie's stomach is. Once everyone has their string we wrap it around. Whoever gets it closest wins a $10,000 gift card." Nicole says.

The string is passed around and we snip it where we think it can wrap around Callie. The women line up and each one of them takes their string and wraps it around her.

I'm at the back of the line.

Callie smiles. "You have this in the bag, Amelia."

I wrap my string around her and it fits her.

Nicole claps. "We have a winner. Amelia Daniels is the closest."

The girls clap.

The doorbell rings.

Callie looks at me. "Everyone's here, Amelia."

I look at the women. "Who has children here?" Six women raise their hands. "Go to the kid's room and keep them company until this is over. Keep an eye on mine, please."

They run from the room.

Nicole looks at me. "What do you want the rest of us to do?"

"If you don't want to fight hide. Those who want to fight prepare yourselves."

The front door is kicked in and it hits the floor with a loud bang. There's about six guys and they have their guns aimed at Callie and I.

Nicole and two other women throw things at the guys for a distraction. I take a step back until my back hits the table. I feel around underneath until my hand touches the pouch. I feel the trigger of the gun on my index finger and I slowly pull the gun out. I never look away from the guy that's pointing his gun at me.

Callie has her arms wrapped around her stomach protectively. She is crying as the red light from the gun circles her stomach. She starts to shake.

This guy is seriously pissing me off.

I flip off the safety and point the gun at the guy.

A couple men run away from the house and there's two left. The ones that are dumb enough to keep their guns pointed at Callie and me.

I smirk. "Say hello to the Devil for me." I pull the trigger and the guy hits the ground.

The other man points his gun at Callie and his finger pulls hits the trigger.

I aim myself at my best friend and fall on top of her.

The bullet hits the wall. I press the trigger on the gun and I shoot the second guy and he falls on the ground.

I hear a limo pull up.

The men walk into the house and they see the mess. They walk towards the rooms that the woman are in.

Noah and Kaiden walk into the house and they pull us into their arms. Noah kisses my temple. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I think we need to give Jaden a call. He needs to check on Callie. I pushed her out of the way as a guy fired his gun at her. I couldn't stand by watching someone shoot my best friend."

Kaiden looks at Callie. "I called Jaden from the bar when we had something similar happen to us."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me.

❤️MissDredge❤️