5

It's Mother's Day today and I was luck that Noah didn't take them this weekend. If he did the weekend would have been cut short.

Ashley, Gisele and Harley walk into my room. "Happy Mother's Day,"

Casey walks into the room with a tray of food and hot drinks. "Good morning, Amelia. The kids wanted to make you breakfast in bed. They also want to join you."

I laugh. "My kids always want to spend time with me on this day. It's been a tradition for years."

My son puts a piece of toast in his mouth.

Gisele looks at me. "We have presents for you, Mum."

"I'll open them later, princess. I'm going enjoy the breakfast you kids made me for me."

I eat.

The kids did a great job with breakfast.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask.

"Can we go to the park?" Harley asks.

I look outside at the sky and the sky is blue without a single cloud in sight. It's going to be a perfect day. I might as well take advantage of it and take the kids to the park to play. Maybe, while they're playing I could sneak off to meet Callie.

After breakfast, I walk into the lounge room with the triplets.

Harley gives me his present first. "Happy Mother's Day."

I open the card. I love this card. It was a picture taken at school and he decorated the card himself.

I smile. "Thank you, Harley."

"I love you, Mum."

I kiss my son on the cheek. I open the present. He got me a pair of slippers.

Just what I need.

Ashley gives me the present.

"Thanks, princess." I open the card and present.

Then Gisele gives me the last present.

I got spoilt from my children. I love my kids they were the best gift to me.

There's a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it." Casey opens the door.

Noah walks into the house.

What the hell is my ex-husband here today? Does he realise it's Mother's Day. The day I get to spend it with my children.