Chapter 5

Home. Hana was finally home. She didn't need to be worried about anything regarding school. Hana didn't know why she was so fearful about everyday at school. She was always worried whether she had brought everything she needed to bring to school and whether she had done all her homework that was needed to be handed in next year. Every night before school, Hana spent it worrying about all these things.  

But home wasn't any better than school. It was just a tiny bit better because she could always hide in her room, her so-called safe haven. But it wasn't exactly one though. She could still hear the ridiculous arguements that always went around the house. Hana didn't like that. What she really hated was the favourtism her mum was always showing towards her younger brother. One minute she was scolding Hana, the next minute she would be talking nice to her brother. Like what the hell is this?! This was so unfair towards her! Hana didn't even know what she had done wrong to be treated like this. But she'll soon be figuring out what she did wrong because apparently whatever that happened in the past often came out  in the arguements that her parents had. Monthly. Or maybe every few months. 

Hana dumped her bag on the floor and headed to shower. As she stepped into the bathroom, she saw it. Again. Why the hell does her mum hangs her brother's clothes and towel in the bathroom when apparently she was going to be the first one back. And her mum had never done it for her. Ever.Hana couldn't understand why her mum was so biased towards her brother. 

As she turned on the shower, she could hear the door opening again. Her brother, Hajin, was back. And as usual, she could hear her mum fussing all over him, asking how his day went at his new school. She never asked Hana anything. Never. Now, her mum was asking her shower quickly because her brother needed to use the bathroom. Like I care, Hana thought. I'm going to take as long as I want. 

Hana really wondered what she did wrong to be treated like this. Even though her mum wasn't always biased against her, Hana really couldn't stand it when her mum was biased. But it's not like she would say anything about it because she was the kind of person who just kept everything to herself. Unless one day she was so fed up with it. But it seems that home wasn't much better...