Chapter 20

Back to school. The holidays had went by in a flash before Hana knew it and once again she was back in the very place she dreaded. School. Hana hated being back at school. Being back at school meant that her nightmare was starting once again. 

***

July 4. Today was Zach's birthday. Hana knew because she had stalked his Facebook page and added him as a friend. She was determined to see him today. After all, she hadn't seen him for the whole of her holidays. And, for the past week since school started, she had barely seen him. Today, she really want to catch a glimpse of him. Hopefully he'll pass by her class or even better, come in and talk to Joshen. Apparently, he and Joshen had become quite close since they were in the IT department of the library club. But soon, it'll get harder and harder for Hana to see him because it's his last year in school. He was about to graduate. And, all the students that were going to graduate get to stop their club activities somewhere in August, which meant that Hana won't get to see him during their club activities anymore. She had to see him more often this year.

Hana went back to her classroom after having recess with Sasha and Carrie. They had really become friends now, going everywhere and doing everything together in school. Well, except going out, of course. 

Hana kept looking towards the outside of the classroom, hoping to see Zach. She hadn't seen him this morning, like she used to last year. She was barely listening to Carrie and Sasha talk. Hana really wanted to see him today.

A hand waved in front of her.

"Helloooo, are you even listening Hana?" Carrie said.

"Huh? What?" Hana asked, a little shocked.

"What were you thinking?" Carrie asked. "Or are you looking outside the classroom? Why? Are you waiting for your crush?"

"No, of course not. I was just daydreaming," Hana replied. She hoped she replied calmly enough and her face wasn't becoming red because she had no intention of telling them her crush. They would tease her to no end. 

"You sure?" Carrie teased. "Oh come on, I'm sure you'll have a crush. There's nothing to be afraid of, most people have crushes. Come on, tell us!"

Hana calmed herself and said, "I really don't have a crush, ok. I was just daydreaming."

"Daydreaming about what? Your crush?" Sasha asked teasingly.

Trying not to blush, Hana said adamantly, "No. I. Really. Don't. Have. A. Crush."

Mr Yee came in before either Sasha or Carrie could say anything. Hana heaved a sigh of relief. She really didn't want them to find out.

Throughout the whole lesson, Hana was trying hard to pay attention but she couldn't help but to stare outside the classroom, hoping to catch a glimpse of Zach.

 Just when she got tired of waiting for him to show up, Zach had walked past her classroom! Omg! Hana squealed inwardly. She finally saw him. She was so happy. It's going to make her so happy for the whole day.

Back at home. Hana was in front of her computer, looking at Zach's Facebook page and wondering whether or not to wish him a happy birthday. He wouldn't know, would he? Hana thought. He couldn't tell anything like this right? Yep, he wouldn't know. He would think I'm just another friend wishing him happy birthday. With that, Hana started typing "Happy birthday, Zach!". But as she wanted to send it, her finger hovered over her mouse. She pondered again. Should she do this? Would it be weird? Would he tell that she liked him? He couldn't, right? Arghhh, whatever! She thought. And clicked the mouse. The message was sent. 

Hana now wondered if he would even reply to her. She shook her head vigorously. No, no,no. Stop thinking about it! You'll find out soon enough tomorrow or maybe today. She was really really nervous. In the end, she decided not to look at Facebook until tomorrow. 

But, that only made it worse. She couldn't even concentrate on anything for the whole day. Hana could barely do her homework, much less study for tests. She was worried about whether Zach would reply to her or not. She kept wondering how it would turn out. In the end, she couldn't stand it anymore. Hana logged on to Facebook, her heart pounding wildly as she clicked on her notifications. Nothing. She was a little disappointed. But there was still another chance. With her trembling hands, Hana clicked on Zach's profile and scrolled to her post. Still nothing. Hana tried to be cheerful and thought, never mind, there's still tomorrow. I'll check it out tomorrow then. 

*** 

The next day. When Hana reached school, she immediately took out her phone and checked her notifications. There was nothing once again. And when she checked Zach's Facebook page, there was nothing. Hana was really disappointed. Was it that hard for him to reply a 'thank you' just like he did for other people? Maybe he didn't feel close enough to her to reply? Besides, there was also some people which he didn't reply. Or maybe he didn't see her message? Hana knew she's got to stop being like this. It was stupid, finding excuses for herself when Zach most probably didn't even notice her existence. But still, she felt sad that he didn't reply her...

***

Hi, it's me, Kara. We're now at chapter 20! Yay! Never thought I'll come this far though :) And guess what?! I'll be doing a Q&A for any questions you have at the end of the book. Just type "Q:-question-" in the comments if you want to leave a question for me to answer in the Q&A. 

Example: Q:Are you doing a sequel?

 You can ask as many questions as you like! So, comment down any questions you have about me or this book and I'll be picking some questions to answer! Looking forward to see what kind of questions you all have for me! :)

Btw, I'll be publishing my new book. It's called The Zone. It's kind of a dystopian sci-fi book so if you like this kind of books, you can go and take a look. I'll also be posting a sneak peek of the book after this book ends :) it's a really short one though. And I'm going to try not to promote the book and see how it goes. So please support it if you like it! :)

And, next update will be on 26 July. Remember to vote! :)

Note: I'll be accepting questions until about mid-August so please comment down any questions you have here before that! :) And please follow the instructions above or you can state that it's a question for my Q&A session.

Aaannnnnndddd, here's a new cover for my book! Yay! Thank you to @Amicahela for the cover!