Chapter 1

Three days later...

ANNABETH

Dear Diary...

So it's been three days since I've spoken to Percy. I seriously don't know what's with him. He's already broken my wrist, made me twist my ankle, and the newest one, he threw a cake at me. Even though I'm not talking to him, he keeps trying to speak to me. I just ignore him. But being the Seaweed Brain that he is, he doesn't get the hint that I don't want to talk to him. I've only talked to him a couple times, and that's to tell him to get lost. When he asks me when I'll forgive him, I usually tell him "when you stop being a Seaweed Brain." So in other words, I'll never forgive him. ;) I'm just kidding. I might forgive him... But not now. I'm still angry. And all he's done is follow me around like a stalker and beg me to forgive him, and I'm like "That won't help you, buddy!" But what makes things worse is that everyone at camp knows that we're fighting. They keep trying to get us to makeup, but it's not working. Yesterday, a bunch of the Aphrodite kids locked us in one of the Big House rooms together. We were in there for THREE HOURS. I really need to get those Aphrodite kids back... Anyway, I have to get going. I promised Grover I would help him with some of the new kids. This is Annabeth- signing off for now.

I put down my diary and was about to get off of my bed, when I saw a giant tarantula on the wall. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Ok, calm down Annabeth. Just walk out carefully... Get Grover to kill it... Everything will be fine... I was about to jump off the bed again, and then I looked down. About six or seven giant spiders were on the floor. I screamed even louder. Great. Now how was I supposed to get out?

PERCY

I was just walking around camp, trying to figure out a way to make Annabeth forgive me, when I heard a scream coming from the Athena cabin. I jogged towards it, then heard an even louder scream. I opened the door and saw Annbeth sitting on her bed, looking absolutely terrified.

"What's wrong, Annabeth?" I asked. She looked up, and her face was super pale. She didn't answer. She just pointed to the ground. I looked, and there were some spiders crawling around.

"C-can you k-k-kill them?" She stammered. I crossed my arms.

"I'm not sure if I should, considering the way that you've been treating me."

"Percy please!" She begged. She gave me her puppy dog eyes, a look that I couldn't say no to.

"Fine. Come over here first." I held out my hand. Annabeth hesitated, then jumped over the pack of spiders.

"Ok, now kill them!" She said. I was about to kill the spiders, when I noticed something black and furry crawling up Annabeth's leg.

"Um... Annabeth..." I pointed to her leg. She looked down and her eyes almost popped out of her head. Ok, imagine the loudest thing that you've ever heard. Now, times that loudness by 200000000000000000. That's how loud Annabeth screamed. She jumped forward and almost made me fall over. I caught her and she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"PERCY KILL THEM!" She screamed and put her head on my chest. I put my arms around her and walked over to the spiders. I stepped on each one, then hit the tarantula on the wall with some book.

"Are they gone?" Annabeth asked.

"Yeah. They're all dead." Annabeth lifted her head and looked at me. Her face turned bright red.

"Um... Thanks." She said. I smiled a bit.

"Hey, now that I probably just saved your life, will you forgive me?" I asked. She pursed her lips.

"Sure." She said. She looked down and I realized that I was still holding her. I set her down and we stood there for a second. Eventually, we locked eyes and we just stared at each other. (Wow, that sounded creepy.) I was relieved when someone came into re cabin.

"What's going on here?" My best friend, Grover asked as he ran in, "I heard the screaming all the way at the other side of camp." Annabeth blushed.

"There were just some spiders in the cabin, but it's ok now." I said. Grover nodded and left, and left Annabeth and I alone. Then there was that awkward silence again. Finally, Annabeth spoke.

"Sorry that I overreacted about the cake thing." She said quietly.

"It's ok. I'm sorry that I broke your wrist. And twisted your ankle. And pushed you into the lake. And set you on fire. And-" I stopped talking when Annabeth started laughing. I chuckled too, relieved that Annabeth wasn't mad anymore.