Chapter 4

PERCY

"Annabeth?" I called, walking into the Athena cabin. I saw Annabeth sitting on her bed, her chin resting on her knees and her eyes closed.

"Annabeth- what's wrong with you?" I asked trying not to sound mean. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"With me? What's wrong with you?!" She yelled, standing up.

"What are you talking about?" I said.

"Is there something wrong with you? How could you fall for it?" She demanded.

"Fall for what?"

"Ashlee's using charmspeak on you! She's using charmspeak so you'll date her!" I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Ok Annabeth. I seriously don't think she would do that." I said, crossing my arms.

"Yes she would! I saw her! She asked you out, you said no, she asked you again, and you just suddenly say yes! Charmspeak!" She insisted. I laughed.

"Annabeth, you and your active little imagination." I tapped her head. Annabeth grabbed my shoulders.

"Percy listen to me. Less than twenty minutes ago, you said that Ashlee 'wasn't your type.' Then I see you two kissing. If you ask me, that seems a bit suspicious. I know for sure that she's using charmspeak."

"Ok. Sure. Whatever you say." I said sarcastically. Annabeth sighed angrily and pushed me aside before walking out.

"You know," she said, sticking her head back in the doorway. "I thought that you were actually a smart person. But now, I'm reconsidering." Then she left. Wait- did she just call me dumb? Well then. Rude. I walked out too, only to run into Grover.

"Hey, man." He said.

"Hey." I said, keeping my eyes on Annabeth, who was only a few feet away.

"What's wrong?" Grover asked.

"It's Annabeth." I said. "She thinks that Ashlee's using charmspeak on me. Can you believe that?" Grover stayed quiet. I looked at him, and he shrugged.

"Well?" I said.

"It kinda does sound like something that Ashlee would do..." He said quietly.

"Why does everyone think that?!" I yelled, throwing my arms up in the air. Grover backed away and held his hands up.

"Jeez, calm down. All I'm saying is that Annabeth might have a point. I mean, think about it. Ashlee's a daughter of Aphrodite. She can use charmspeak anytime she wants. And, she wants to be your girlfriend." Without even thinking, I said, "She is my girlfriend." Grover raised his eyebrows.

"Seriously?" He asked.

"Yes. Now, I have to go find my girlfriend." I said and turned around. I walked by Annabeth, who gave a dirty look before walking away. I rolled my eyes. Drama queen, I thought.

"Percy!" A voice squealed. I turned and found Ashlee right behind me.

"Hey baby." I said and wrapped and arm around her waist.

"So, what's up with Annabeth? She seems really mad." Ashlee asked, glancing at Annabeth, who was talking to a group of guys.

"Oh, that. It's silly. She thinks that you're using charmspeak so I'll date you. Isn't that crazy?" I said. Ashlee didn't reply right away. She looked down, bit her lip, and started twirling her hair around her finger. Then she laughed. A nervous laugh, though.

"Oh, yeah. Real, um, crazy." She said, not meeting my eyes.

"Ashlee?" I said, taking her hand. "Is there something you need to tell me?" Ashlee batted her eyelashes.