Chapter 13

ANNABETH

The next few weeks were like torture. And I mean torture. Everywhere I went, Ashlee and Percy were there. Every single campfire, Ashlee and Percy were sitting together. Every signle second of every single hour of every single day, they were glued to each other's side. I hated it. At the time, the best option for me was to lock myself in my cabin and stay away from any socialization. But unfortunately, Silena thought that I needed to "get out more." I thought that she just meant I needed to get out of my cabin, but was I wrong. She took me out to the mortal world and we went shopping all over the state. I swear, we went into every single clothing store in New York. She bought me so many clothes, I never wanted to see another belt or shoe ever again. But wait- there's more! When we got back to camp, Silena made me try on everything that I bought. It was horrible. And to make things worse, everytime I left my cabin wearing a new outift, Ashlee would always walk bye and give me a dirty look. But when Percy looked at her, she went all Little-Miss-Goody-Two-Shoes and kissed him. It was so gross.

A few days after my huge shopping spree with Silena, I started to notice things about Percy. He wasn't spendind so much time with Ashlee and he wasn't falling all over her, whorshipping the ground that she walked on. Even when she kissed him, sometimes he would pull away. I thought that the charmspeak was wearing off, and the Percy I knew was finally coming back.

Yeah, I thought wrong.

It took about two days for Ashlee to notice the difference in her "boyfriend".

*FLASHBACK*

I stood, fixing my armour as I watched Ashlee walk up to Percy. He did that cute half-smile thing when he saw her, but it quickly faded when she kissed him. They were standing close enough for me to hear thier conversation.

"Hey baby," Ashlee said, "What's wrong?"

"Not much," Percy replied, "Just had a couple headaches lately."

"Well maybe this will make you feel better." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him It was a long kiss, so I didn't watch it all. But when they (finally) pulled away, I turned my attention back to the couple. Percy had a very stupid grin replace his cute smile.

"Better?" Ashlee asked. Percy nodded excitedly.

"Uh-huh." He said as they walked off, hand in hand.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

Sitting under a tree at camp, I thought, Why did I care so much about Percy and Ashlee? I mean, I detested Ashlee, and I wasn't sure about Percy. Even though the daughter of Aphrodite was the cause of all this, I was trying to focus on Percy the most. How to get him out of the trance, how to get him to break up with Ashlee, if he'll ever be the same again. Ugh, why was I caring so much about him? I was obsessing over them like two characters in a book. Except this wasn't a book- it was real life. Wait- was I fangirling over Percy and Ashlee? Well, not Ashlee because she's a demon... Oh my gods. Was I fangirling over Percy Jackson?! No... I couldn't. We were best friends... I didn't like him... Didn't I? I mean, if you took away his annoying side and his Seaweed Brainishness, he was ok. He was funny, loyal, and pretty cute... NO. Annabeth stop, I ordered myself. Even if I did like Percy- I'm not saying I did- I couldn't be with him even if I wanted to because Ashlee had the power to make him like her no matter what. But I needed Percy to stop liking her. Because when he stopped liking her, I- UGH I'M THINKING OF PERCY AGAIN!

"Annabeth!" Someone shouted in my ear. I snapped out of my thoughts about the son of Poseidon and looked up at who was calling me.

"What is it, Thalia?" I asked the daughter of Zeus.

"Malcolm told me to tell you that your archery class's been canceled," she told me.

"Cool," I replied, "Thanks." Thalia looked at me. She sat down beside me under a big tree.

"Alright, what's wrong?" She asked. I was about to tell her that I was fine, but I knew that I couldn't hide anything from her.

"Look at them," I said, gesturing towards Percy and Ashlee. They were running around camp like a stereotypical in-love couple. Thalia pretended to gag while sticking her finger down the  throat.

"That's so gross," Thalia said, "they don't even look good together. I mean, I always imagined Percy being with someone a bit taller..."

"Wait, you imagined what kind of girl Percy would end up with?" I asked. Thalia blushed.

"I imagine a lot of things..." She mumbled I crossed my arms.

"Like what?"

"Well, when I was twelve I imagined that I would get back to Camp Half-Blood alive. When I was sixteen I thought that we could get Luke back. When-"

"Alright, alright I get it," I interrupted. I didn't want to remember the time that Thalia, Luke and I were running around the mortal world.

"Oh and I also imagined that you and Percy would end up together," Thalia laughed, "But with this going on, it looks like that's  never going to happen..." She looked at me and bit her lip, "Sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I asked. "I-"

"You don't care who he ends up with and you don't like in that sort of way him, yeah I know." She said. I looked up at her shyly. Thalia's mouth dropped open.

"Oh my gods!" Thalia said very excitedly. "You do like him!" I  sighed.

"No I don't! Well, maybe a little... No! I don't but now I actually do care about his 'relationship' with Ashlee." Thalia smirked. "Stop it!"

"Stop what?" Thalia asked, still smirking. I buried my face in my hands and I heard Thalia laughing.

"Come on," she said, "Just tell me what's wrong." I lifted my head and faced Thalia.

"Fine. I'm just worried that Percy'll be seriously messed up afterwards," I said. Thalia raised her eyebrow.

"You sure that that's the only reason?" She asked.

"Thalia," I warned.

"Sorry..." She said quietly. I rolled my eyes.

"Look," I said, "I gotta go." I said, standing up.

"Where?" Thalia asked, standing up behind me.

"Away from you." I joked and started to walk away.

I didn't get far before I started thinking about Percy again. Not about him and Ashlee... Just about him. His sea-green eyes and jet black hair... He was really cute if you thought about it... NO. UGH, STOP IT. As I forced myself to stop thinking about my former best friend, I ran into the last person I wanted to see.

Ashlee.

Gross.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

So sorry that I haven't updated in forever!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also sorry that this chapter is short. But I have a seriously bad case of writer's block and the fact that I'm a crappy writer doesn't help :/
But whatever! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!