Chapter 9

PERCY

I woke up to the smell of lemons. Sweet lemons, like lemonade. I open my eyes just enough to see a figure with blonde hair sitting at my side. She was brushing my hair with her fingers. Thinking that it was Ashlee, I reached over and grabbed her hand. I squeezed it and pulled it to my chest. But I guess that Ashlee was in a bad mood, because she jerked her hand away and slapped me across the face. I sat up and fully awoke, to find Annabeth there, looking annoyed.

"What do you think that you're doing?" She asked. I remembered the fight that we had earlier.

"Nothing. What are you even doing here?"

"I was supposed to watch you until you woke up." She said, standing up.

"Why would you need to watch me?" I asked. "I'm not a child."

"I had to watch you because you were unconscious." She said coldly. Unconscious?

"And why was I unconscious?" I asked and stood up.

"It's nothing." She said. I walked up to her and grabbed her wrist before she could leave.

"Leave me alone." She said and wiggled free of my grasp. She walked out of my cabin, and for some reason, I felt the need to follow her. I started to walk, but a pain in my back made me stop. I covered it with my hand and started to walk again. I saw Annabeth walking towards her cabin. I stared to run, but then I heard someone.

"Percy!" Someone called from behind me. I turned around, to find three girls rushing to me. Great...

"Percy!" The girl called again. Soon they were surrounding me.

"We heard what happened!" The one with black hair said.

"Yeah, but it's fine..." I told her even though I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Oh you pour thing!" The girl with chestnut hair gushed, grabbing one of my hands and putting her other hand on my back-right where it hurt.

"Ow... Hey, watch it." I winced. The girl gasped.

"Oh no! I didn't hurt you, did I?" She asked, looking at my back. I got her to let go of my hand and stepped away.

"Um... No. I'm fine. Anyway, I really have to go, um, do something..." I said, watching Annabeth enter the Athena cabin. But the girls wouldn't stop fussing over me.

"No, no, no! You need to rest! Oh, look at that awful bruise on your beautiful nose!" The first girl said, brushing her blonde hair out of her face. I pushed away her hand.

"It's not that big of a deal, really." I said.

"Of course it is!" The second girl said. "Your beautiful face is all messed up now!" She reached up and touched my cheek.

"WHAT do you think you're doing touching my boyfriend?!" A voice yelled. All three girls turned and faced whoever it was. I was relieved when I saw my loving girlfriend, Ashlee. The girls crowded around me glared at her. Ashlee marched up to them and pushed then away from me. Then she wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a long kiss. By the time she pulled away, the three girls were gone.

"Gods, they were annoying." I said, wrapping an arm around her waist. I looked at my girlfriend, and was surprised to see what I saw. Her hand was wrapped in a bloody bandage and I just noticed that her arm was in a sling.

"What happened?" I asked. Ashlee knitted her eyebrows.

"You should know!" She yelled. "After all it was your little friend who did it!"

"My friend? Who?"

"That Anniebell girl!" She yelled. I swear I could see steam coming out of her ears. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead gently. She squealed and pushed me away from her.