Chapter 14

ANNABETH

Ashlee crossed her arms and glared at me.

"What?" I asked, trying to walk past her. But Ashlee took a step to the side and blocked me.

"So I hear that you're not happy with my relationship with Percy Jackson," She said, smiling sweetly.

"Well whoever told you is right." I tried to step past her, but she just blocked me again. Ashlee looked at me innocently.

"Yeah well I need you to do me a favour and stay away from him. Because we're in love with each other and I don't want it being messed up." I glared at her.

"You know that Percy isn't actually in love with you, right," I told her.

"Of course he is!" Ashlee giggled.

"No he isn't," I said, "he just thinks that he is."

"Why would he only think that?" She asked in fake confusion.

"Because you're charmspeaking him and you know it."

"So what if I'm using charmspeak? He loves me and that's all that matters." I took a breath.

"But it's not real love," I said, "don't you care about that?" Ashlee flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder and laughed.

"Look, I don't care about true love or fake love, as long as somebody loves me, I'm happy." She said, a smirk creeping across her red lips.

"You are so..." I started.

"Beautiful?" Ashlee finished, "Fabulous?"

"Stupid!" I corrected. I turned and started to walk away, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Wait, Annabeth," Ashlee said. I turned around and faced the blonde-haired daughter of Aphrodite.

"What?" I asked again. She took a breath and smiled.

"I was just hoping that we could be friends," she said, making her eyes wide, "we can be friends, right?" Suddenly, I felt very light-headed. I smiled at Ashlee.

"Of course!" I said happily, "We-" That's when I realized what she was doing. I gasped. "You're using charmspeak on me!" Ashlee's smile faded and she let her mouth drop open.

"Why, I would never do that! What a horrible thing to do to someone! I'm definitely not using charmspeak on you." She told me, smiling. I felt light-headed again. I smiled and laughed.

"Haha, silly me. Of course you wouldn't. You're so nice." I laughed. Ashlee smiled. She was so nice. How could anyone hate her? Ashlee slung an arm around my shoulder and we started walking.

"Now, Annabeth, how do you feel about my relationship with Percy?" she asked. I smiled even bigger.

"Oh my gods, you two are like, the best couple EVER!" I said, a huge smile across my face. Well it was true. "You and him are perfect for each other." Ashlee smirked.

"Yeah, I know," she said, "Now since Percy and I are dating, I can't have other girls interfering with us."

"Oh no, that won't do," I said in shock. Couldn't have people messing with my favourite couple!

"I know," Ashlee said, "So I need you-"

"ANNABETH!" A voice from behind us yelled. Ashlee and I both turned around, and I saw Thalia marching towards me and my friend. Ashlee muttered something under her breath.

"Hi Thalia!" I giggled as the daughter of Zeus stood in front of me.

"What are you doing?!" She demanded. I was confused.