Eleventh Grade

It had been years since Cas had seen Dean.

He was starting to think that he would never see his best friend again.

He didn't want to believe that, but Cas was beginning to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dean had no place to go.

He had no place to come back to.

He had run away from home, and was hopping on trains and buses everywhere.

For years, he was just getting by.

Dean wasn't even sure where he was anymore.

He was lost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the weekend, and Cas decided to take a walk down the street.

Cas wore a green plaid shirt with a pair of jeans as he walked down the street. Recently his vision had gotten worse, so he now needed to wear glasses for most hours of the day. He was glad that he could get out of his uniform, even if it was only for two days.

He almost walked past a street of shops, but he had a feeling to go down the path.

Cas walked down the busy streets, weaving though the crowds of people. He ducked into a coffee shop to get out from the constant current of people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dean was exhausted.

He had been on the streets for the past few days, and was running out of money.

Throughout his journey, he had held small jobs which paid enough for him to get by. He didn't keep much with him, except for a copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Dean didn't know the exact reason why he had still kept it, or at least couldn't remember why.

Dean stumbled into a coffee shop that had a small Now Hiring! sign hanging from its door.

He walked up to the counter. "Is there a job opening here?"

The girl nodded her head, gesturing for him to follow her. Dean was lead to a table in a corner.

"So, why do you want this job?"

Dean didn't think much about the answer, as he had gone through the process multiple times.

After a while, the girl nodded. "Well, I'd be happy to give you a job. You seem to be experienced. We don't have much help around here. You start tomorrow."

*time skip*

Dean stood behind the counter, fiddling with his hands.

Although the street outside was busy, the coffee shop was relatively quiet.

Dean heard the familiar tinkle of the bell as a boy around his age stumbled in. This boy had dark hair and the most stunning, sparkling blue eyes.

An old memory tugged at Dean's brain, trying to get him to remember.

Who was he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cas walked up to the counter of the coffee shop, scanning the menu as he got closer. Eventually Cas settled on a simple coffee.

When he arrived at the counter to give his order, he could have sworn he saw a familiar gleam of green eyes.

"Dean?" He asked.

The person behind the counter tensed up. He didn't recognize who this was, or why he knew his name.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" He replied.

Cas looked at his former best friend in shock.

Did he forget who he was? After the years of memories?

Cas wanted to scream.

He wanted Dean to remember.

"Dean, it's me. Don't you remember?"

Dean stared into the the blue eyes. He could remember them. But he couldn't place his finger on it.

"I'm sorry—"

Dean laid his eyes on the boy's necklace.

His voice cracking, he choked out a small "Cas?"