Epilogue-Ten Years Later

Dean had died ten years ago, on this very day.

Cas would never forget the Sunday when the crash happened.

He still visited his grave. 

Every year on the anniversary of his death, Cas would sit by Dean's grave and read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz to Dean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cas lead a sandy haired, green eyed young boy through the dirt clearing of Hunter Cemetery.

"Are we going to visit Daddy again?" He said, tugging on Cas's shirt.

"Yeah Dean, we are." Cas replied, smiling at his son.

He watched as his son ran ahead, his small arms outstretched as he sprinted down the path.

Cas never married anyone, or really even dated anyone after Dean had died. He just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Cas felt a tear slip down his face. He could still remember Dean's funeral like it just happened.

Cas stepped up in front of the crowd, consisting of the very few people who still kept in touch with Dean.

Cas's face showed the emotional pain that he felt on the inside as he began his speech.
"Dean was more than just a boyfriend to me. He was also my first, and best friend. I first met Dean in preschool, when I was about this tall" he said, drawing a line in the air at his thigh.

"He was the first one that I had actually talked to. I remember us playing with these tiny toy cars, and competing against each other to see who had the best knowledge of cars." Cas gave a small laugh. "Dean won, of course. We became the best of friends, and soon we started school at MacLeod."

"We somehow got the same teachers all six years, kindergarten to fifth grade. Throughout our years there, we had so many memorable moments. One was when Dean 'accidentally' knocked over some kid's ant farm in first grade during show and tell.  I also remember Dean coming in with his science project that was taller than him, and he probably crashed into half the school when he brought it in. I can remember when he could've gotten the fastest time in our gym class for the mile run, but instead stayed with me, who was at the back of our class."

"Although, I think that the best memory was when Dean gave me his necklace, the one that he never took off. I honestly don't know why he did it, but I think I should return it to him. He glanced over to the oak tree, and hung it on the lowest branch. "I didn't see Dean again until just recently, actually. I moved away to New York the summer after fifth grade, and I made the mistake of not telling Dean. I hated the fact that I saw him again when I did. I hated to see Dean struggling. I honestly regret a lot of things. But, if there is one thing that I don't regret, it was meeting Dean Winchester."

Cas reached his grave, which was lying under an large oak tree. Dean's necklace hung on the lowest branch, swaying in the breeze, rustling the leaves.

Cas sat down, leaning against the trunk of the tree. He stared at the rays of sunlight peeking through the green leaves.

He gave a sad smile as he looked to Dean's headstone. Engraved on the stone was the message:

"There is no place like home."

"It's been ten years Dean, and I still think about you every second of every day." Cas said as he pulled out the deteriorating copy of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. "it's hard, but I'm trying to stay strong."

Cas opened up to where he had last left off, and began to read.

"I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart."