The Same Day

A thousand thoughts raced through Dean's mind. Staring into the bright blue eyes, Dean only had one question:

Was this boy his Cas? The Cas that he had first met that day in preschool?

Even if it was, Dean doubted that Castiel Novak would've remembered him. He was broken.

Dean stared into the blue eyes, remembering all the memories from before.

He could remember Castiel Novak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cas felt the tears threatening to appear in his eyes, but quickly blinked them away.

Dean had remembered.

Dean had remembered his name.

Dean had remembered him.

It was his Dean.

It was the Dean who he had talked with about cars the first day of preschool.

It was the Dean who he had walked to school with every day.

It was the Dean who had given him the necklace before he had left.

It was his Dean.

(Gosh..that was repetitive)

Cas threw his arms around his friend, wanting to smile and cry at the same time. After all those years, they finally saw each other again.

Cas had found him. He had found Dean.

After the years that they had spent apart, they finally were reunited.

There was so much that Cas had missed. Dean wasn't the same slightly chubby fifth grader that Cas had last seen. He looked more tired. His formerly stunning green eyes had dulled, and he had significant dark circles under his eyes. His hair was much shorter, but Dean himself was much taller.

Cas wondered what had made his friend even more broken than he remembered.

But it was still his Dean.

Cas let go of him, as he stared into the green eyes of his friend.

"Dean?" Cas said quietly. "Can I tell you something?"

Dean's heart started pounding as he gave Cas a nod.

Cas exhaled loudly. "I've spent the past few years figuring out who I was, and who I am. I've been down many different roads, but there was only one that seemed right."

Dean looked at Cas. "What are you saying?"

Cas took off the necklace that hung around his neck, and placed it into Dean's hand. Dean closed his fingers over the familiar necklace that he had given to his best friend all those years ago.

"Je t'aime. I love you Dean Winchester."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love you.

I love you.

The phrase echoed in Dean's mind, repeating itself over and over.

Cas loved him.

His dark haired, blue eyed Castiel Novak loved Dean Winchester.

Without another heartbeat, Dean kissed Cas passionately.

"I love you too, Castiel Novak." Dean replied.

Well, I'm nearly done with this book...it's much shorter than my last one.
This chapter is short...eh, I'll add more when I go to edit afterwards...eventually
Anyway....I'm just going to give a warning for the next chapter...teehee