Chapter Five: It's A Date

(This chapter goes out to @Cassie_Skittles and @_BookAddict_ because their comments are the only thing that keeps me writing)

.

.

Harry's POV

.

.

The weekend was bland. My mum was out for most of the time, not bothering to say 'hi' to me once. I spent my time organizing things and reading, nothing special.

It was about 4 pm on Saturday; I was dusting off a shelf in my room and counting all the bolts that kept the frame up. When I had counted all of them, 16, I repeated the process, brushing my finger over each silver bolt, not wanting to mess up. I'm not sure why I was doing it. I just felt like I had to. Like something bad would happen if I didn't.

The thought of texting Louis kept crossing my mind. I know I'd obsess if he didn't reply right away, probably scared he didn't care about me, or worse. But, if he did respond, we'd get to know each other a lot better, and that was really all I wanted.

I made my mind up, and decided to text him. I finished counting the bolts for the fourth time and got up, making my way to the simple white couch in our small lounge. My phone was in the same position as last night, so I picked it up and unlocked it quickly, so I wouldn't change my mind. I opened up my messenger and typed:

'Hey Louis, its Harry'

Then slammed the send button.

I hoped I didn't just fuck everything up.

*

11 minutes. I sent the text 11 minutes ago and still no reply. I tried to distract myself by reading, but instead I just counted each word on the page nervously.

12 minutes,

13,

14,

Still nothing. He must've really not cared. I fiddled with the end of the book, flipping through pages.

All of the sudden I heard a beep. I looked down and grabbed my phone, unlocking it to see the unread text.

It was from Louis.

I read it quickly, smiling brightly. It read: 'Hi Harry! I was worried you forgot...'

I sighed. How could I ever forget him?

I typed a reply.

'How could I? I just didn't know what to say...'

I was smiling very widely now. He responded in an instant.

'Well now that's over. So what are you up to?'

That's how we started our conversation that day. We texted each other for hours, learning even more things about each other.

I loved talking to him. Even if my mum hated me and so did most of the school, Louis didn't, and that's all I cared about.

*

Monday morning I cracked my eyes open to the beeping of my alarm, I smiled. I got to see Louis again.

I followed my normal precise schedule, putting on clothes, eating breakfast, muttering a 'hi' to my most likely stoned mother, Just the normal.

When I walked into my first period, Louis was at his desk, smiling brightly. I returned the smile, and hustled to the back. Although, when I walked down the aisle, I felt something hit my leg and I came colliding to the floor, books flying everywhere. I grunted in pain, and looked up to see Zayn smirking at me and laughing lowly along with the class.

Of course he'd trip you.

I got up quickly, ignoring all of them, but I it did really hurt my knee. As I was gathering my books, I heard a yell, a looked up to see Louis standing up from his chair.

"What the fuck was that mate?" Louis yelled, gesturing to me on the floor.

Oh no.

Please, please don't do this.

Zayn just grinned at him evily.

"Looks like Harry's got himself a boyfriend," Zayn spat, standing up as well.

Louis stepped closer.

"Don't touch him," he responded sharply.

"Like he'd let me," Zayn replied.

Louis opened his mouth to respond, but shut it when the door opened, revealing Mr. Banks. I let a relived sigh escape my lips and scurried to my desk, Louis and Zayn doing the same. Zayn muttered an audible 'We'll finish this later' as he sat down, still glaring at Louis.

*

As me and Louis walked to the library, I avoided talking to him. I was a little upset about him getting so mad at Zayn. I've dealt with him my whole life, I didn't need help. Louis must of noticed because he cleared his throat.

"Are you mad about earlier?" he asked, looking sad.

I sighed.

"A li-little. It's just, I've never had anyone stand up for me, and it's weird," I muttered looking at the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he responded.

"No... I kind of like it," I said, smiling up at him.

He smiled back as we sat at our table in the library. "Ok."

After a while of silence, Louis spoke up.

"Hey, Harry, I was thinking that, like, if you want...," Louis started, but shook his head and started over.

"Um, my... friend... is coming in from out of town, and we were going to go to the park on Friday... I was wandering if you'd want to come as well," Louis said in a small voice, sounding hopeful.

Did Louis really want me to hang out with him out of school? I took a deep breath before responding.

"Ya-yeah... that sounds fun," I said, my voice coming out shaky.

Spending more time with him was pretty much all I wanted to do. As much as I've denied myself, I had feelings for Louis. Not 'best friend' feelings though. I wanted to kiss him, and hold him. I wanted to call him my boyfriend, and I wanted him to say he loved me.

Even if he'd never feel the same, I still wanted to spend as much time with his as possible.

Louis nodded and smiled.

"Ok, it's a date."

Date.

I liked the sound of that.

.

.

A/N Ok sorry this is short. I was going to put the whole park part in this chapter, but it would be too long. That's all, loves.