Chapter Nine: A Talk In The Coffee Shop

A/N

Alright. If you didn't know, I stopped writing this do to school/I think my writing is shit, but A BUNCH of you wanted me to continue, so here it is. You guys are awesome and this wouldn't be up if it weren't for you. J

.

.

Harry's POV

.

.

The steaming tea rolled down my throat, warming my body. My eyes were directed on the floor, not wanting to look into the older boy's eyes. I yelled at my best friend. I yelled at my best friend that I have not so friendly feelings for. But I never meant to yell at him. Even if it was only a small sentence, I still felt terrible.

As much as I wish it weren't true, there's only one reason Louis would want to talk to me at 12 am. He wants to know why I left the park. How would I answer it? 'I saw you kissing your boyfriend and I'm in love with you and I felt so jealous and angry I ran away without saying anything'?

As if.

Louis cleared his throat, causing me to jump slightly from my thoughts.

"Harry... what happened at the park?" and there it was. Here it goes, now or never.

"I-I ju-ju-ust..." I stopped my some-what of a sentence and covered my face with my hands. Of course my stutter had to make an appearance. I rarely stuttered in front of Louis anymore.

Sighing, Louis looked directly at me. "Why are you nervous?" his soft voice ran through my ears, soothing me.

How did he know I was nervous?

I asked that question out loud, and he looked at me and smiled.

"The day we met you told me you only stutter when you're around Zayn, or you're nervous."

The memory flashed through my mind. I did say that. My stomach did that little flip thingy. He remembered something I didn't even remember.

"How did you remember that?" I asked, a small smile finding its way to my lips.

"I just... did." Louis responded after a pause.

We stayed silent after that. I fiddled with my cup while Louis drank his tea quietly. I knew Louis wouldn't just let this go, but there was no way I was telling him the real reason.

So I made up a fake reason.

"Uh..." I started, "I just... my head hurt and I didn't feel well," I said quietly, looking at the cuppa in front of me.

Louis nodded. "I'm sorry," he said, frowning a bit. "But I wish you would've told me," he spoke softly, looking into my eyes.

The look in his eye made it pretty obvious he didn't believe me.

Louis leaned in more. "You saw me with Niall, didn't you?" he asked, playing with his hands.

My breath caught in my throat. How could I have not seen it coming? Louis can read me like a book.

"Are you... Homophobic?" Louis questioned quietly, his voice so small I had to stain to hear it.

Oh god. He thinks I'm... no... I'm not. No of course I'm not! How could he think that?

"Louis no I'm... I'm not I-I-I..." I was looking into his eyes now, and he was frowning slightly. He wet his lips before responding.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to accuse you of anything... But the way you just left, so suddenly and all, I just figured." Louis said in a louder voice.

A part of me wanted to tell him how I feel, and how I think I might be... Gay? Maybe...?

But instead I opened my mouth to say something I didn't even mean to.

"So you're gay?" I asked before realizing. His eyes opened wide.

"I... Um... Yes." he spoke in a small voice, still looking into his hands.

I smiled. "That's fine with me, Boo." I blushed when I used his nickname, still adjusting to the way it played off my tongue. Louis must have not been expecting me to be so understanding, because his head shot up and his face exploded into a big grin.

"Do you really mean that?" he questioned, biting his lip a bit.

I matched his smile and nodded. "You're my friend, Lou, I'd never judge you." I responded instantly, feeling the all too familiar heat fill my cheeks.

If only he now how I felt.

*

Louis had driven me home after we finished chatting and drinking our tea. It was nice. We talked about our favorite music and movies. Louis asked me if I wanted to hang out with him at his house over the weekend, which I said I'd think about it. I'd love to spend time with Louis, but being in a new place with new people and germs

Lots of germs

I just didn't think I'd last a minute.

By the time I got home it was 3 am, and I immediately plopped down on my bed. I felt... happy. Louis wasn't mad at me, and I wasn't mad at him. We were good. I gave in to my tiredness and let myself drift, hoping tomorrow would be just as good.

A/N Sorry, this was short. So, there it is, my shitty come back.

Please vote/comment if you want the next part! IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!