Chapter Nineteen: Missing

[Louis's POV]

.

.

I had sent ten texts and five calls, and Harry was still unreachable. I hadn't seen the younger boy all day, or heard from him in fact. Normally it wouldn't bother me, he probably just wanted space for whatever reason, but Niall was meeting with us that day. He was actually meeting with Harry and I in less than an hour. Tapping my finger impatiently on my phone, I pondered what to do.

Breathing out a sigh, I let my head fall back against my headboard and stared at the cream colored ceiling. What was I supposed to do? Just meet up with the blond alone or cancel? I typed one last message to Harry before pocketing the device and grabbing my keys.

In 10 minutes exactly, I was staring at Harry's house through my car window. After a second of wondering if it would be intrusive and way out of line to just randomly knock on his door, I decided against it and drove to the coffee shop where I was meeting Niall.

I didn't even want to meet with Niall, considering what he did to both me and Harry, but it was too late to cancel. Opening the door to the small building, I glanced around. Niall wasn't there yet. I maneuvered around a few chairs and ordered a tall coffee with some sort of muffin before setting myself up at a table for two by a window.

After inhaling most of my coffee and at least half of my muffin, Niall arrived. I'd like to say he look well, but he really didn't. His hair was messy and his skin was paler than normal. His eyes were occupied by dark circles and his eyelids were rimmed with red.

I didn't smile or frown when he sat across from me, I just looked down into my nearly emptied cup and avoided all eye contact. After a few seconds of awkward silence, Niall spoke.

"Where's Harry?"

I cleared my throat. "I, uh, he just couldn't make it."

"Oh, okay," Niall said after a beat, feeling the same tension I was.

I took a long sip of my drink, waiting for him to start.

"These past few weeks haven't been great on me," he started.

"Yeah, I can see that, " I barely whispered, but from the expression on his face, I knew he heard me.

"Anyway, I... I uh," he cleared his throat, "I came out to everyone."

I looked up, surprised. "Really?" I asked after a short pause, noticing how Niall's cheeks turned pink.

"Yeah... well, basically, I've been treated like shit," he stated bluntly. I nodded, knowing how he felt.

"I've been beat up daily in various situations, and I really just can't take it anymore," Niall said, looking like a hurt puppy.

"Niall, I'm sorry," I said, looking into the Irish boys eyes.

"I... I was wondering if you'd be okay with me transferring to your school," he said suddenly.

I stared at him with a shocked expression plastered on my face for a minute or so before answering. "I... um, yeah?"

Niall smiled slightly. Why did I say yes? Niall is not a part of my life anymore and didn't want him to be a part of Harry's. But what was I supposed to do? Tell him he can't?

I silently prayed I didn't screw everything up.

*

Harry, wherever you are, we need to talk

Slamming the send button, I waited. And waited. After ten minutes I gave up and walked out of the coffee shop, hopping in my car. Harry was MIA, which was really starting to worry me. I had to find out why he was missing. Harry was unstable. I would love to say I trusted him, but I didn't.