Chapter Twenty One: Again

Harry's POV

.

.

(Warning: May be triggering to some)

.

.

My fingers were delicately placed in Louis's, connected like a solar system of disorganized stars. His thumb gently rubbed mine in a comforting gesture, though I was already comforted, wrapped tightly in his arms.

"Harry, are you sure you'll be okay tomorrow?" Louis questioned. I nodded after a beat, but my expression stayed the same.

"You'll keep me safe?" I asked, looking over my shoulder to see the older brunette. He nodded, nuzzling himself into my side.

"We're so cheesy," he laughed, making me laugh because his laugh was so funny, with an added snort every other second.

"Really, though. Niall's first day is tomorrow, I want to know you'll be alright," he said seriously after a pause. I nodded my head yes and returned to my position as the smaller spoon.

There is a moment of silence between us, the only sound being our beating hearts.

"I, Harry, I don't want Niall to know about us, not yet anyway," he said slowly, disconnecting our tangled bodies. I nodded reluctantly, honestly feeling the same way. Niall didn't need to know. This was between Louis and me, not him. Whatever Louis and I was, that is.

"What are we, Lou?" I questioned the smaller boy, his eyes darting to the bed below us. He bit his lip in thought, his grip on my hand loosening.

"I mean, I'm not even sure who I am," I said, this time quietly, like I was convincing myself of the fact that I didn't know who or what I was. Because I didn't. I didn't.

Louis and I had only been whatever we were for a few days. Just kissing and holding hands in private places, making sure no unwanted company could see, not that we were ashamed, but because we weren't ready. Ready for whatever we were.

Louis huffed out a breath, "We can be whatever you want, I guess," he muttered into my side, almost like he was falling asleep. A smile crept onto my face, just imagining his adorable eyes fluttering shut, his breathing steady. I got caught up in my own thoughts that I barely noticed the time.

10:08

That meant I had 2 minutes until I had to get up, I had to. 10:10 is the only acceptable time for me to do so, the reasoning I wasn't sure. Louis was almost asleep, almost. I didn't want to wake him up by leaving, but of course I had to. I just had to. But sadly my two minutes went by quicker than I wanted.

Carefully, I disconnected myself from the smaller boy, earning me a grunt of disapproval.

"Harry," he mumbled, his lips formed in a frown and his eyes shut.

"I have to go," I said, standing up form Louis's warm bed and grabbing my things. 10:10. I deeded to get out and into my car before 10:15.

"Why," Louis grumbled, finally cracking his eyes open. I sighed.

"It's 10:10. I need to get to my car by 10:15," I said, hoping he would understand that it was just something I had to do. Louis looked at me with a confused expression, but it softened after a second, and he mumbled a soft "okay".

I smiled at the older boy, admiring how gorgeous he looked, all sleepy. "Can I have a good bye kiss?" Louis asked, sitting up a little.

"Of course," I said, leaning in and connecting his soft kips to mine for a slip second, sparks going off, like they usually did. But after our lips no longer had contact, I had to kiss him again, and again. I felt guilty, having to kiss Louis so many times.