Chapter Seventeen: Panic

It all went by in a flash as Niall pushed me aside and stomped over to Harry. Harry's whole body was frozen as he was cornered by the blond boy and pushed against a wall. I was probably yelling something, but it went by so fast. Niall wrapped his firm hands around Harry's neck, his back pressed flat against the wall. Niall was yelling insults at him, and I ran over, trying to pull him off of Harry, but he was too strong. Niall was literally strangling Harry, and I didn't know what to do. Harry was trying to get oxygen into his lungs, bit Niall's grip was too strong. His face was turning red, and I honestly didn't know what to do. Niall was killing him.

"Niall! Stop! You're killing him!" I screamed, crying heavily and still attempting to get Niall off Harry.

That's when Harry's body stopped moving.

.

.

Louis POV

.

.

Hearing my words, Niall let his grip loosen and the brunette fell to the floor. I sprinted as fast as possible to him, pushing a dazed Niall away from Harry's limp body. His back was against the wall, but his eyes were closed tight. I kneeled in front of the boy, whipping the salty tears off my face. "Niall... what did you do?" I asked, reaching over to the younger boy. I was in a state of shock, but I still had the mind to check if he was still alive.

He was still breathing.

"I... I don't... shit," Niall mustered out, covering his hand over his mouth and letting out a shaky cry.

I carefully cradled Harry in my arms, ignoring Niall and stroking Harry's curly hair softly, still crying.

"Is he... oh god... is he ok? Please don't call the cops Lou, I didn't mean to, Jesus Christ, I just saw you two and I... I don't know," Niall rushed out, crying heavily and stepping forward a little.

"Shut up," I muttered, not caring about anything but Harry. His neck was red, but his breathing was steady. Confused why he wasn't waking up, I began to panic.

Harry wasn't waking up.

He was dying, he had to be.

But if I call an ambulance Niall will go to jail.

But maybe he should go to jail.

Suddenly Harry's chest heaved, before his eyes fluttered open and he started to cough violently.

"Harry? Harry shh, take deep breaths," I managed out, letting the younger boy sit up slowly.

It took a moment until he started to breathe normally, making my heart swell. Something might've been wrong with him, and it was my fault. I forgot Niall was coming over.

"Louis," his voice was hoarser than normal.

Expecting him to say something else, I stayed quiet, but he didn't say anything.

"Harry...," I looked up to see Niall slowly walking towards Harry, who was positioned slightly on my lap and the floor.

Harry looked up, and his face fell into a confused expression, before it turned to terror. He scooted out of my lap until his back was against the wall, his hands in front of him like some shield of protection.

Before I had time to register anything, Harry let out a piercing scream. It took me only a moment to figure out why. Harry's eye sight was pointed towards a very frightened Niall.