Chapter Seven: For Now

[Harry's POV]

.

.

I watched, completely frozen, as Louis dragged his lips across the Irish boy. My heart sank. It took all my might to not burst into tears.

Everything around me was spinning. Watching the boy I might possibly love snog his... boyfriend? Oh my god. Are they together? It would explain why they were so close and so touchy. I made sure to hide myself from their view by standing behind a rather large bush.

Louis obviously didn't love me. If he loves Niall, then he loves touchy people, which I can never be.

Touching is bad

I shook my head, still not believing the sight in front of me.

It felt like hell. They were full on snogging now, tearing me to pieces every second. Niall had his hand on Louis's bum and his lips grazed against his collar.

No. he's doing it wrong. Louis doesn't like it when people touch his bum. He told me he's self-conscious. He likes it when someone puts their hands on his lower back. And he doesn't like it when someone kisses his collar bone; his tender spot is behind his ears and his neck.

He's doing it so wrong!

Why is it Niall and not me? Everything about this situation was wrong.

I had to get away. I couldn't stand watching this for another second, and it didn't look like they're going to be stopping any time soon.

Letting the paper towels and keys fall to the ground, I left. I ran, actually. My feet crunched against the frosty grass and the chilly wind swept over me and caused my cheeks to burn from the cold.

My house wasn't far from the park, so it would only take a few minutes if I ran.

*

When I got home, I sighed when I saw my mother sitting on the couch, probably hung over.

She was in one of her bad moods.

Today had already been shit. This is just what I needed. Her hair was sticking up in odd places and she had makeup smeared across her face.

"Where were you?" she sneered when she saw me.

Great. I hadn't told her I had left, being too afraid. I inhaled a deep breathe.

"I was j-just... Out... With a f-friend," I stuttered quietly, not making eye contact. I heard her laugh echo through the room, making me shiver.

"You don't have friends, Harry," she said coldly, sitting up more. I took another breath, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"I already told you, I have o-one," I said in a mater-of-fact way, but still staring at the ground. That's when she stood, stumbling some. "Don't you dare be a smart ass around me! You have no right," she growled, pointing a finger at my face.

My lip was trembling and I started to stumble back until my back hit the front door. Mum was still only inches from me and had pure hatred in her eyes.

"Mum, I didn't mean it please don-"

I couldn't finish my sentence because I felt a hand firmly collide with my face, causing me to yelp.

Freak

You deserve it

I let the tears run down my frozen cheeks, watching as she stumbled away muttering how 'worthless' and 'unloved' I was.

I ran up the stairs, rubbing my sore cheek, until I reached my room, slamming the door shut and sliding down to the ground. I tucked my knees under my arms and cried.

Worthless

Fag

Nothing

Harsh sobs were now escaping me, making me shutter. The voice was getting louder, and I knew everything it was saying was true.

Louis won't ever love me the way I love him, and I had to accept that.

Love

Who would ever love you?

Scum

You're nothing to him

I covered my ears and screamed, willing for everything to just stop. I curled up into a tight ball, shutting my eyes.

I must have laid there for at least a half hour, crying in silence. What 'awoke' me was a soft humming noise coming from my jacket pocket. I didn't want to get up though, knowing it was Louis calling me. As much as I willed it not to, the humming only continued. I finally stood, grabbing my phone and sitting back down.

12 unread texts, 8 missed calls from Louis.

I sighed. Maybe leaving him like that wasn't smart, but what was I supposed to do? I couldn't possibly stay and watch as Louis snuggled up with some boy he'll always choose over me. Who would love me? No one would. I scrolled down to all his texts.

"Harry where are you?"

"Are you ok?"

"Harry please tell me where you are."

"Dear god harry you're scaring me"

"Harry just fucking type a reply"

"WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Harry did something happen please I'm scared"

I skipped down to the most recent text, from only a minute ago.

"If I said something, or did something wrong, please forgive me Haz, you're my best friend."

My heart stopped. Haz. Best friend. Through all the tears that were running down my cheeks, I smiled. He called by a nickname. He called me his best friend. I literally didn't know how to feel. It was like the clouds opened up finally.

I sat crisscrossed and started to type a reply.

"I'm sorry. I just had to get away from everything. I'm ok, don't worry. And it wasn't you, Boo."

I blushed as I typed the last word. Boo. I liked it, I fit Louis. And if he was giving me a nickname, he's getting a nickname too.

Even if I'm not the one he loves, I'm his best friend, and that's honestly all I need...

For now.

.

.

A/N

CREDIT TO @TOMLINTOMMY FOR THE TITLE OF THIS CHAPTER YOU'RE AWESOME

Any way, thanks for reading! I'll update soon(ish?). No more than a week, I promise.

I'm really fucking tired.)