Chapter One: Seatmate

HINATA's POV

"Hinata. You ready?" Neji said while carrying his backpack. I blushed, thinking that I will get to see Naruto-kun again. "I'm sure you are. Because Naruto is there." I turned redder than usual. Neji-nii can really see through me. He's used to my feelings since we are cousins that live in the same house.

Neji's parents died when he was 8. His mom had cancer and after 3 months his dad died because of a plane crash. Whenever he's with his friends or other people,he stayed composed and cool, but when he's alone or with me, he shows his true self. The weak and soft him. I helped him and cheered him up with all my strength. And eventually, he got over their deaths and got better and better.

"Neji-nii! Well yeah.. You're right. I want to see Naruto-kun. It's been 2 months." I put my head down and held my hands. I'm always shy when it comes to Naruto-kun. I don't know why, but it's like my natural reflex. I can't stop.

"Promise me that you'll talk to him without fainting okay?" He patted my back."It always happens. And it worries me, a lot."

"Okay okay! Don't worry about me too much. Since it's our last school year together, I wanted to you know.. Go for it. But I don't e-ev-ven k-now ho-"

"Hinata. You'll do great. You changed me. So I know that you have the guts to confess to Naruto or show your love to him. Besides, he's really simple and kind... And an idiot when it comes to those things." He murmured while scratching his back. I laughed at him while putting my hands on my cheeks.

"Let's go Neji-nii." I lend my hand. And he gladly took it.

"Hmmm.

♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

"Hinata! Neji!" Someone shouted near the gates of Konoha Academy, our school. Her voice was cute and high pitched. "Good to see you guys!"

"Tenten-san! It's good to see you too." I greeted cheerfully while waving my hand.

"Oh. Hi.. Tenten." Neji gave a nervous smile and he was sweating like crazy. I elbowed him, signaling that Tenten is now feeling a little bit awkward. Neji nodded. "Uhmm.. I'll go in first. The other guys might be looking for me. Bye!" He said and jolted away from us. I didn't expect him run away. I was supposed to tell him to talk casually with Tenten.

"Oi! Neji!" Tenten shouted.

And he told me to stay calm when Naruto-kun is around. He can't even do it when Tenten-san is here. That guy. I thought.

I didn't realize that I laughed making Tenten curious on what happened.

"Hey! What are you laughing about? And what's up with Neji? He's always acting so weird whenever i'm with him since 3rd year."

"Nothing!" She kept bothering me but I refused. I know that Tenten-san likes Neji-nii but I just can't tell her that Neji-nii likes her too. It's a secret.

She gave up. "Okay fine! Let's just go inside. I wanna see what section am I this time."

"I hope that we'll be together though. With Kiba-kun, Shino-kun, Neji-nii, Ino-san, Sakura-san, Sai-kun, Lee-kun, Chouji-kun, Shikamaru-kun, Sasuke-kun, and.... Naruto-kun." I blushed, which made Tenten giddy. She keeps on teasing me about Naruto-kun and how I should confess my feelings to him. She gave me ideas too but she also told me that it's usually the guy who confesses first.

And to be honest, I don't think that Naruto-kun loves me or likes me intimately. I guess he just sees me as a normal childhood friend. It makes me sad, but i'm not giving up just yet. Who knows? There might be a change of direction right around your corner.

︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

We went to the official billboard just to see our sections this year. There were so many students but we got used to this noise and struggle.

We were so happy that the thirteen of us made it to the A section. When we were walking down the hallway, Tenten-san keeps on bugging me about asking Neji-nii to sit with her. I also wanted to sit with Naruto-kun too. So we made a deal.

We went inside the classroom, seeing everyone talking happily and reunited again. We haven't been hanging out this summer because of our families. We greeted each other, laughed, talked, imagine things and deciding our future because it's our last year in Konoha Academy.

I saw the person that I always wanted to see. That sparkly blonde hair, the ocean blue eyes, and that perfect smile that he only wears. Naruto-kun. He's still the ideal guy for me. I kept loving him since that day. I always watched him from the distance because I was too nervous to greet him first. And whenever he talks to me or surprises me, I faint. I never wanted to be like this. It's really a part of who I am. Shy, weird, hesitant, and negative. That's how I describe myself even if my friends deny it.

But I want Naruto-kun to see how I really feel about him. Knowing that this school year is my last chance. But what should I do? This is really confusing. Maybe i'll confess to him when the time is right. I'm too shy to do it.

"Hey Hinata. What are you thinking about? You got any problems?" The blonde haired man said. I turned red, trying to find what words to say. I feel so nervous again. Body don't fail me! He's finally talking to me so get a grip!

"N-naruto-kun! Uhm.. Nothing.. Why do you say that?"

"Because you were staring at me and it felt like something's bothering you-ttebayo." I put my hands in front of my mouth. I'm turning red again. He's worried for me. He shouldn't be. Oh what should I say?!?!?

"I-it's b-because-"

"Guys our homeroom teacher is coming. Please seat down." One of our classmates shouted.

Everyone settled down. They all found their places. I saw Tenten-san seating with Neji-nii and she even gave me a thumbs up. So the deal was broken huh? How did she even seat with him. Neji-nii pointed at Naruto. He's telling me to seat with him, but I'm just too shy. What should I do?

I started to panic, but someone grabbed my sling bag which caught my attention.

"Hinata. You're the only one standing. Seat here, beside me." He said while tapping on the chair that is next to his.

Did he just say that he wants to seat with me? Am I dreaming? I slapped myself. No I'm not. Oh! This is heaven to me already. Him as my seat mate?

"Oi Hinta! Why did you slap yourself? C'mon, sit here-ttebayo." He grabbed my arm and after a second I am now sitting beside him. Then our homeroom teacher marches in.

"N-Naruto-kun." I put my head down and blushed like never before.

"Hello class! I'm Hatake Kakashi and I will be your homeroom teacher for this year. And your seats are final. I hope we'll have a great year together." He smiled.

We all stood up and bowed as a greeting.

︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎
Hey guys! I know that this chapter is boring but don't worry! This is just the beginning! It's my first time writing a fanfic so please understand me.

Please excuse the wrong grammar, the spelling, and others because English is my second language :)

Naruhina FOREVER ♥︎♥︎