Chapter Three: Best friend zoned

Hinata's POV

It's already 5. I think I should go. I fainted on the first day of class, great. And I left another bad impression to Naruto-kun. My life is seriously going the wrong way.

I found my bag on top of the table, it was not supposed to be there so I'm guessing it was Tenten-san who put it there. I'm really happy that she's my best friend.

I checked on my things, everything was complete. I told the nurse that I'll be going and she just gave me a thumbs up.

When I went out, I saw a guy leaning against the wall. At first I though it was Neji-nii san, but it was actually...

"Kiba-kun?" I called.

"Yo Hinata!" Kiba gladly answered. "So. Are you okay?"

"Yep! What brings you here?" I asked.

"Just visiting my girl best friend, that's all." He gave me a sheepish laugh.

" Oh okay... It's rare that Shino-kun isn't with you today."

"Oh yeah. He said that he's gonna visit the library today so he can't join us."

"I understand. Thank you for visiting me. I appreciate it." I gave him a big gummy smile.

"You're always welcome..Uhmm...This is pretty awkward uhm.. For the two of us.. But agh-"

"Why are you stuttering Kiba-kun? You want to spend time with me? I'm okay with it." I put my hand on his left shoulders, making him relax. He really looks so stiff. I guess he didn't completely got over that time.

"O-okay... Hinata.." He did his normal Kiba smile. "Hinata? Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Do you really love Naruto?" She said, putting his head down.

I took a deep breath, I held his forehead and made him look at my eyes, I did my most gentle but powerful smile making Kiba-kun widen his eyes, then I said...

"I love him Kiba-kun. Since the day I met him."

Kiba-kun lets out a huge sigh then chuckles. "Geez you're so serious when it comes to Naruto. Don't worry, I won't be a bother to the both of you. If anything happens, i'll be there for you. My feelings don't change easily you know. But I can manage."

"Kiba-kun! Arigato." I let out a big sigh. "I love you Kiba-kun. You should know that."

"Huh?! Really?" Kiba-kun opened his mouth, he's stiff again and blushing, hard.

"But lets say it's not as great as Naruto-kuns."

"Okay that hurts.." Kiba-kun touched his chest. He laughed but it feels fake.

"Deal with it Kiba-kun. My feelings don't change easily too you know." I mocked him. He looked annoyed, putting his fists near my face, but he just laughed in the end.

"Lets just go. I'll walk you home, but we'll stop by the convenience store to buy our favorite ice cream. Don't worry it's my treat." He cheerfully said while pointing at himself. I rejoiced. I'm really happy that the normal Kiba is back.

Seems like I don't have a second chance anymore. Kiba thought, he glanced at Hinata and gave her a big smile but on the inside, he was crying.

︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎♨︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎☀︎

Tenten's POV

I was going to the clinic to go get Hinata and bring her home since Neji told me he can't go home with her because he has practice in karate club but my teammates in the Volleyball club said that we'll also have our first practice.

I'll just visit her for a little bit then I'll go to practice. I thought.

I ran as fast as I could, when I was about to enter the hallway going to her room I immediately stopped. It was Hinata and Kiba.... Talking. I backed off a bit, hid behind the wall, trying to listen to what they're saying. It's surprising to see Kiba talking casually to Hinata after what happened last time.

"I love you Kiba. You should know that." Okay what's happening?! I thought.

"But let's say it's not as great as Naruto-kuns." I sighed in relief. For a minute I thought she changed her mind and love Kiba instead.

She's really like her mom,kind, strong, and loyal. She told me that she loves Naruto since they were 5 years old and she never stopped loving him. In my personal opinion, I think Hinata is too good for Naruto and sometimes I think that Naruto is really an idiot for not noticing her feelings. I feel pissed about it but it's her life. I'm sure she'll think of something to finally make him notice.

"Tenten? What are you doing here?! I thought you were with Hinata." I turned back, it was Neji.

Shoot it's Neji?! Act cool act cool.

"Hi Neji... Kiba is with her. I think he's planning to take her home instead."

"Really?! Thank goodness. I haven't seen Kiba and Hinata alone together in a long time. I guess Kiba got over the rejection thing." I nodded.

"I guess so. You done with training?"

"Nope. I just told them that I'll visit Hinata before she goes home." He's really caring when it comes to her cousin... I even thought they were siblings at first

"Oh... You're really caring when it comes to her."

He smiled. "She changed my life. This is how I'll repay to her. I'll guard her for the rest of my life." He paused for a little. "But she's not the only person that I'll guard for my whole life.. I still have someone else." He murmured and BLUSHED!? It's rare for him to blush. I'm getting curious. I'm definitely sure it's a girl.

"Hey! We're best friends and you haven't told me about this person!!! Who is it?!"

"Secret!! You'll know soon enough. I'll introduce her to you."

Introduce? I though. My heart is starting to hurt. So he has someone else. Don't feel sad about it! He's your best friend. Be happy for him.

"I will meet her for sure!! I should judge if she's good for you or not." I did my signature annoyed look.

"I'm really sure you'll like her. Promise." He crossed his heart.

"You better!"

"Tenten-san? Neji-nii? What are you doing here?" Hinata said. I just gave an awkward laugh while Neji scratched his head. Hinata seems to be suspecting something.

"We were about to visit you, but it seems that someone beat us to it." I said glaring creepily at Kiba. He turned red and looked away. I laughed evilly.

"Anyways, I gotta go. Kiba please take care of my cousin. Bye! Tenten, let's go home together after practice like we always do last year." He winked at me then left.

"Mmm.. Okay." I said while giving him a weak smile.

I looked at Hinata.She looked at me and grinned like never before." I guess things are going your way Tenten-san. I'm so proud."

"I guess so."

"And you haven't told me the second reason! Tell me now!" She whined.

"Oh! Look at the time! I gotta go Hinata I have Volleyball practice today. Let's talk tomorrow. Bye!" I ran away as fast as I could.

I can't make love ruin my sports career. Baka Neji. It hurts being bestfriend zoned.