00

« erina »

"Bleach is amazing."

"Nah, bro. Naruto is better."

"Bleach."

"Naruto."

"Attack on Titan."

"We have this argument practically every day. Aren't you guys tired of all this? Knowing that your faves will always be beaten by Naruto?"

"Erina, you wanna fight?"

I bit back a grin at the twitching eyes of Naomi and Kira.

An argument like this was not a rare occurrence in the span of our long friendship. Not one day has passed since we have met that we have not bickered about this topic, the three of us all determined to establish that our personal favourite anime was the best.

In my defence, I've watched Shingeki no Kyojin, 7 episodes of Bleach and all the episodes of Naruto. And my evidence, accumulated after many long hours on GoGoAnime has led to the conclusion that Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, are indeed the best anime the 21st century could offer.

I smirked and waved my hand dismissively, "We can stand here and argue all day if you want but that doesn't change the fact that Naruto's fandom is huge, ten times bigger than you two's."

Kira 'tsk'ed and wagged her finger, shaking her head from side to side in disapproval. "The fandom may be big but that doesn't dismiss the fact that Naruto episodes are filled with fillers, an utter waste of everyone's time."

"Are you two blind? Last time I checked, SnK bet Naruto in the top charts in Crunchyroll." Naomi declared, flipping her hair over her shoulder proudly.

"Please, it was only one time. Naruto is still better." I responded.

"Whatever, keep believing in that lie." Kira said, rolling her eyes as she buried herself in the pile of bean bags thrown in the middle of my bedroom floor. Naomi followed suit, dropping lifelessly on my bed.

I deadpanned at the two girls I had invited over to stay the night, hoping to spend some quality time together. But of course, that thought was thrown out the window as both of them had now pulled out their phones and switched their attention to browsing the internet. To think that when people come over to your house you'd do more than just scrolling through social media.

I threw my door open, "Hope you enjoy the free wifi. I'm going to the kitchen."

+

"Not with Naomi and Kira?"

My mother's curious gaze landed on me as I entered the kitchen, coal black eyes reflecting a hint of amusement as I shrugged nonchalantly.

"They're only here to use our unlimited wifi." I said, pulling the fridge door open.

"Typical teenage girls." She laughed.

"I know right."

"Speaking of you three," I glanced up at her words, a stick of cucumber hanging from my mouth. Hey, don't judge. I'm being healthy and cucumbers taste nice anyways. Plus, it's like 10 at night, I ain't eating anything heavy.

"How's your Japanese going?"

"Didn't you hear our conversations upstairs just now? It was all in Japanese. Mum, you should feel proud that we managed to communicate so fluently." I patted myself on the back (to the best of my ability) smugly.