Chapter 6

"Do you have the information, Clarkson?" I asked, leaning back on my chair.

"Yes, sir. And once again....I am not a freaking secretary! If you want a secretary, go get one." He slams the paper stack down on my desk. I interlace my fingers and lean forward, taking a look at him.

"One more out burst, Clarkson, and you're fired. Out." I call, he salutes sarcastically and slams the door.

I press the buzzer on the radio on my desk. "Kelly, please tell George Clarkson to pack up his desk. Thank you." I release my finger and pull the papers over to me. Skimming through pages, reading small amounts of text, I read everything that seems to be of importance until I come upon the pictures. Gruesome images, scarring, horrific. Blood, so much blood, the ruination of a car and a truck. It seems so real. I read the medical reports and gasp. Sh-she was told she was never to walk again. But I saw her but yesterday, walking, striding, running. But what worries me is how she said she was broken.....how.....?

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|||||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Keiran, calm down, don't freak him out." I say quietly to a hurried Kieran whose holding Dominic. She bounces him on her hip as his bottom lip begins to wobble.