Plans

XXX

~Mitchie's POV~

"Y-you will?" he stuttered. I nodded, running my thumbs over the backs of his hands. "It would be... a dream come true to live in Washington, even more so with you. Besides, I have nothing to lose and... I could use a fresh start." He smiled and looked at his feet.

"We're really doing this, aren't we?" he asked, looking back up at me and biting his bottom lip. "Seems that way, cher," I smiled. Max grinned back and wrapped his arms around me, placing one around my waist and the other on the back of my head.

"I can't believe this is finally happening," he sighed. "It's been four years, sug. It's about time," I responded, giggling lightly. He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead, and I grinned. He's so precious...

"You gonna come in here and spend some time with your mama or are you gonna stay out there and ignore me?" Max's mom shouted out to us from the back door. "Just a minute, ma!" Max shouted back. She smiled at us, then went back inside.

"So nosy, isn't she?" he joked. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, unable to contain my smile. "Shall we?" I asked, gesturing back towards the house. "We shall," he replied. He took my arm and walked inside with me, grinning uncontrollably.

When we walked inside, I was struck by a familiar aroma that I couldn't quite pinpoint. Whatever it was, I found it utterly pleasant. I walked through the house and into the kitchen to find the source of it.

I took one look into the kitchen and found out what was giving off the scent. His mom had made lemon cupcakes, complete with cream cheese frosting and yellow sprinkles to add to the already gorgeous aesthetic.

"I made these for you, hon. I remembered that you just love lemon, so... I thought you would enjoy these," she said, setting a tray of them on the table and smiling at me. Max sat next to me, grabbing a napkin for each of us and taking a cupcake for himself. I took one as well, carefully peeling off the wrapping and taking a bite.

"Oh goodness... these are absolutely delightful! This is the best thing I've ever tasted," I commented, taking another bite. She chuckled and smiled at me. I looked over at Max, who had already finished his first cupcake. "How in the world did you finish that so quickly?" I asked, completely baffled. He shrugged and put his napkin down on the table.

I could barely finish one. With a single bite left, I set it down on the table and leaned back in my seat, sighing. Max had eaten four of them. Four cupcakes. How he managed to finish them all is beyond me. I wiped the last of the crumbs off my mouth before standing and walking to the spare room, Max following close behind.

I layed down on the bed in the center of the room, taking off the sun hat and shoes and setting them on the floor next to the bed. "Whatcha doin'?" he asked, using the door frame to lean on. "I dunno, just... remembering, I guess... I haven't been able to do anything for the past four years. I just wanna be able to live again, cher..." I confessed, covering my eyes with my arm. I heard him sigh a bit before speaking.

"Okay, well whenever you're up to it I was planning on taking you into town to explore or whatever later. It's up to you," he said. I nodded. "In a little while, sugar. I just wanna lay here for awhile..." I sighed. He turned, closed the door, and left the room.

Truthfully, I wanted time to think about moving to Washington with him. I knew it was what I wanted, but I wasn't sure if he really wanted it. If it didn't work out, I would eventually end up moving back to Louisiana.

What if he didn't really want me to go with him?