Prologue

???'s POV

"Dad what are you doing?!" someone called out. I stretched my neck to see them, but the fog was thick and difficult to see through. All I saw in the distance was a bright blue light. Though it looks frightening, I wasn't scared of it. I was instead pleading for it to save me. It was trying to keep up, but I was being dragged along too quickly. I looked up and saw my dad, a tall man with a grey sweater and a long, black coat with black dress pants. He had a very deep frown on his face along with two cracks leading away from his eyes.

"Dad, please!" the voice hollered out again. It sounded so familiar yet so strange. I heard crying in the direction of the voice, but it didn't sound like it was coming from the person who was calling out to Dad.

My right eye was glowing purple in worry. I looked back up at Dad and quivered. "Dad, what's going on?" He didn't answer and kept trudging on.

All of a sudden, a bone shot towards us. I ducked while Dad dodged to the right. My dad glared behind us as the blue light grew brighter and brighter as it got closer and closer. His left eye started glowing blue and his right glowing orange. He mumbled something under his breath, softly enough so I couldn't hear it. Then, with a bright flash of a combination of blue and orange, we disappeared.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Back then, I didn't know if I'd ever see them again. If only I knew. . . . Now, I had no clue where they could be. Even though I don't remember them anymore, I missed them. I so badly wanted to figure out what they meant to me, if they meant anything to me at all. I tried asking Dad about it, but he'd never answer. If I kept pressing him to tell me, he'd turn my SOUL blue, throw me against the wall, and yell at me. I only made the mistake of pressing him a few times. Well then, if he wouldn't tell me, I'd find out for myself.