Chapter 1

Cinzel's POV

Quick A.N! This is kinda what Cinzel looks like when her eye's activated. Unfortunately, the eye turned dark, but trust me, it's purple.

I woke up in a cold sweat from the chilling nightmare—the same nightmare that has prolonged for nights on end. I rested a bony hand on my skull and breathed heavily, trying to calm myself down. With the same hand, I covered my glowing, purple eye. I didn't want to wake up Dad. I've told him about the nightmare before, but he ignored me and gave me a cold glare. I didn't understand.

I swung my white pin-pricks for pupils at the soft, blue glow emanating through the window. Waterfall. It was a beautiful place, full of ponds, waterfalls, and echo flowers. But even the most peaceful of sights sent chills down my spine. It reminded me of the blue glow in my dream. I let out a long sigh and threw my tie-dye blue and purple, fuzzy blanket off my legs and swung them over the edge of my bed.

"Cinzel, breakfast!" my dad, Gaster, called from downstairs. I jumped at the sound of his voice, not expecting it. I perked up and gazed at the door. I decided to try and teleport with my magic again. I closed my eyes then opened them with my right eye flaring. I thought about the kitchen, and I immediately appeared in the room and smacked into a wall. I backed away, holding my head in pain. I haven't perfected teleportation yet, but I was getting better. My eye faded out, and my pupils took their place. I heard my dad sigh with distaste. Once the room stopped spinning, I looked at him; he looked displeased. I tried to lighten the mood by giving him a big grin and shrugging helplessly. His eyelids slid halfway down, shook his head, and turned to get the dishes out of the dark oak cabinet. My grin faded, and I started rubbing my arm in discomfort.

"You have to get better," Dad rumbled, glancing at me. "It's kind of a disappointment." My arms dropped to my sides along with my shoulders slumping. I tried everyday. I practiced everyday. He never helps even when I ask him. My gaze hardened, and I concentrated on the floor. I crossed my arms. "Maybe if you'd help me, I wouldn't be such a disappointment." I muttered that under my breath so he couldn't hear it, but he still noticed me mumbling.

"Speak up," Gaster ordered, turning his full attention on me. I stared at him, unsure if I should say it again or not. "Speak up!" Without thinking, I quickly told him what I said. I cowered down a little at his glare. He furrowed his nonexistent eyebrows and frowned down at me. His left eye started glowing blue while his right eye started glowing orange. I backed away fearfully. I knew this was bad. With a flash of blue and orange, I was thrown against the wall. The impact hurt a lot, but I couldn't think about that now. He pressed me against harder the wall and summoned a long, sharp bone in his hand. My eye started to glow again in fear as he pressed the bone to my SOUL.

"Don't you dare defy me. Do you understand?" my dad threatened. I nodded my head vigorously, pulling it away as he started to get closer and closer. "You know . . . I don't know why I keep you around anymore." I stared at him in disbelief as those words leaked out of his mouth dangerously. "Maybe I should just end it now." With that, he raised the bone high over his head, the sharp end pointed straight at my SOUL. Fear and adrenaline kicked in, and I kicked him away. He stumbled backward, and I took that chance to escape through the door and run away, never looking back. I could hear screams behind me, but I ignored them and kept my gaze on the path in front of me.

The walls of the cave were narrow and wet with crags jutting out. I squeezed my way through for what seemed like forever until a roaring waterfall appeared in front of me. I dug in my feet to try and stop, but my momentum launched me forward and into the cascading water. I fell into a pool of water. My eyes flew open under the water. I was going to swim towards the rippling surface, but the sight of the environment underwater was so eye-catching. All fish of different shapes and sizes darted around the water; the only thing they shared was their color, a glowing turquoise. The same color was everywhere. Coral, seaweed, rocks, and crystals all glowed in their glory. I could stay down here forever.

With a final glance, I shot up towards the calming surface and swam over to the edge of the pool and pulled myself up and over the edge and laid there with my feet dangling in the water. My clothes—a purple t-shirt with black letters that said 'Cool' on it and black leggings—were soaked. I was barefoot, so I didn't have to worry about shoes getting soaked.

I didn't feel like moving an inch. I was perfectly content with my feet bathing in the lukewarm water and crumbling earth beneath my body. I laid my right hand over my ribs and stared at the Underground's ceiling. Glowing stones were scattered across the ceiling of the cave, acting as a night sky with twinkling stars. It was quite calming to just lay here. I bet that if I drifted off to sleep laying here, I'd never wake up. After what just happened, I honestly didn't care what my fate awaited me. I eventually was swept away to the land of sleep and dreams. What I didn't notice was that someone noticed my unconsciousness and was carrying me someplace.