Chapter 2

Quick A/N: Cinzel doesn't have hair! I've changed my mind. I just can't imagine it. Sorry for the sudden change. Anyways, on to the story!

Cinzel's POV

I woke up to find myself not in the place where I fell asleep. Instead of the crumbling earth underneath me, there was a soft, green couch. A blanket was wrapped around me. Pulling the blanket away, I noticed I wasn't in my soaking wet clothes. Instead, I was in a plain, white t-shirt that was a bit big on me with basketball shorts with white stripes lining the outside edges. They were also a little big, but I pulled on the strings and tied them in a knot to keep them from coming back out. Looking around, I noticed there was a TV leaning against the wall in front of me, a checkered, sliding door to the right of the TV, stairs leading upstairs to the left, and two doors leading farther into the house on the level above. I then noticed a short skeleton sitting next to me to my left. By the looks of it, the skeleton was a male. He was wearing a white t-shirt underneath a blue jacket with a fur-lined hood and the same basketball shorts I was wearing. He seemed to have a permanent smile printed on his face. He was staring at me intently. I stared right back at him. I don't know why, but he seemed familiar.

"Sup," he greeted in a deep voice. I was surprised on how deep his voice was. It was smooth and laid back. I really liked it. "I'm Sans. Sans the skeleton." He pointed to himself when he mentioned his name. Now that I thought about it, his voice also seemed familiar. "And your name is . . ." Sans prompted.

"Oh. I'm Cinzel," I replied, snapped out of my thoughts once again. Now it was his turn to be lost in his thoughts. I cocked my head to the side and waved my bony hand in front of his eye sockets. He shook his head and looked back up at me apologetically. I frowned once I remembered that I didn't know how I got here and where I was. "Um, how did I get here and where am I?"

Sans seemed slightly relieved that I broke the awkward silence. "First off, you're in my house in Snowdin. Second off, you were laying by one of the pools in Waterfall sopping wet. So, I carried you back since you weren't waking up." He leaned back into the couch once he was done explaining. I could tell he was laid back by how chill he acted, his smooth voice, and his never-failing smile. But something seemed off about it. It somehow seemed . . . fake. I then remembered that I was in different clothes.

"And may I ask how I'm in different clothes?" I asked with my eyebrows cocked and a sly smile on my face. His smile quickly faded, his white pinpricks—very much like mine—shrunk down, and blue started coating his cheekbones. I knew that coloring. For skeletons, that acted as blush. I guessed that since his blush was blue, his magic was also blue.

"W-well, your clothes were wet, s-so I figured y-you probably needed to ge-get out of them so y-you're not uncomfortable or th-the clothes to get soggy. I didn't mean to—I'm sorry I—" Sans explained rapidly with just as fast hand motions. I cut him off by bursting out laughing. That was the effect I was going for. He was so flustered, I almost felt sorry for him. By now, a deeper shade of blue was covering his cheeks. Sans couldn't take it anymore and pulled his hood over his face. In between wheezes and laughs, I managed to coax Sans out of hiding. His face was still tinted blue. It was so cute.

Sans tore his gaze off of me and flicked on the TV. Nothing really interesting was on. I looked behind me through the window. It was getting dark out, but little snowflakes could be seen thrown around in a flurry as the wind carried them away. It was a beautiful sight. Sans stirred beside me and shifted to look out the window, too. Without my knowing, he then turned his gaze at me again. He was concentrating really hard. He was so focused on me that he didn't notice another skeleton burst through the door upstairs and called for him.

"SANS!" the skeleton called. Sans shook his head and looked up at the other skeleton. The other skeleton was about to speak to him again, but then noticed me. "SANS, WHO IS THIS?" Sans looked like he wanted to say something else but stopped himself and muttered my name. The skeleton didn't wait a moment longer. He bounded down the stairs, took my hand, and swung it up and down. "HELLO, THERE. I'M PAPYRUS!" Papyrus greeted enthusiastically. I smiled brightly but it quickly disappeared as my elbow popped out of its joint. It hurt a little but not a lot. Papyrus stared at my arm that was still in his hand with wide eyes. Sans stared as well but then started laughing hysterically. I soon joined in, but Papyrus still looked worried. Once I finally calmed down, I took my arm back from Papyrus and clicked it back into place.

Once we finally composed ourselves again, Papyrus asked Sans if he could read him a bedtime story. Sans agreed with a smile and let Pap go ahead of him. Sans stayed behind and was trying to persuade me over and over for me to take his bed. I refused every single time. I was stubborn. He finally caved, but he got me more pillows and blankets, so I could sleep on the couch. He then walked up to Papyrus's room to read him his story.

Sans's POV

"Goodnight, bro," I yawned as I walked out of the room. I got no response because Papyrus was fast asleep. I just read him his story, and he fell asleep right in the middle of the story like always. I was about to walk to my room when I caught sight of Cinzel. She was also out like a light and snoring softly. That's when I remembered what I planned on doing. I narrowed my eyes at Cinzel while I activated my left eye to glow blue. I then appeared in my secret lab. Right before I teleported away, though, I noticed that Cinzel flinched when I made my eye glow blue. I shook it off as I brushed my bony hand on the edge of the white counter. I opened a drawer under the counter and scuffed through a bunch of papers and photos. I grabbed the photos and fell backwards and into my office chair.

All the photos were of my dad, Papyrus, me, and someone else all grouped together. The one I was looking at had the words "Don't forget" scribbled on the bottom. For once, I didn't focus on my dad in the picture. Instead, I was focused on the mysterious person. They were in between Papyrus and I with our dad standing behind us. All of us were smiling. I flipped the photo over and saw a date.

This photo was taken 20 years ago.

I flipped the photo back over and stared at it. I started doing the math. In the time of the photo, I was 7, Papyrus was 3, and Dad was 30. But how old was this person and, more importantly, who were they? By the looks of it, this person was a girl. She looked so familiar. I threw the photo on the counter in frustration and stared helplessly at the ceiling. This is going to bug me for a few nights, that's for sure.