The Recovery

Lauren was completely exhausted after carrying Camila back to the cave. Despite this, she gently placed Camila on the soft matting of moss they used as a mattress. Quickly, she assessed her condition. She had fallen asleep or passed out on the way. Her clothes were soaked through and her skin was icy to the touch even though her face was flushed and she obviously had a fever.

Lauren knew she had to get those wet clothes off or she'd become even sicker. Taking a deep breath, she decided to talk the two of them through this even if she couldn't hear her.

"Okay, Camila... we need to get these wet things off you", she told her as she lifted her arms and pulled up her crop top. She sucked in a sharp breath when she realized that she wasn't wearing a bra.

Oh, God. She didn't normally do that, did she?, Lauren thought to herself. No, of course not. I would have noticed. She must have washed her bra when she took her shower. She shook her head to clear the dirty thoughts from bee mind. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't be ogling her. I'm doing this to help her.

She quickly grabbed her hoodie and covered her upper body with it.

Good, now I can think more clearly, she thought right before swallowing hard and jerking back so fast that she nearly fell over. She had just started to pull off her black Lycra mini-skirt... Good Lord, she must have washed her panties too, Lauren's mind thought as her voice squeaked out loud.

Working up her nerve, she reached with shaking hands and closed eyes and slowly pulled the skirt down. Camila let out a low moan and Lauren thought she was going to die (in more ways than one), but she just rolled onto her side went back to sleep. Ignoring, as best she could, the seductive curve of her hip and her bare bottom, Lauren adjusted the hoodie to cover her more completely. Then, she carried her wet and muddy clothes outside where she lay them across a rock to dry in the sun.

When she crawled back into the cave, Lauren is shocked to see that Camila has started shivering again and she has pushed off the hoodie. Remembering something she read about treating hypothermia, Lauren laid down behind her and pulled her body flush up next to her to try and warm her with her body heat. After a few minutes, she realized that it wasn't working because her clothes were still damp and they seemed to be making her even colder.

Three minutes later, Lauren laid down behind her again; only this time she was naked too. She spooned herself up behind her and wrapped her right arm around her ribs, being careful not to touch any private areas. She gently placed her chin on her bare shoulder and unconsciously inhaled the intoxicating scent of her damp hair. Even wet, Camila's hair still smelled wonderful. She immediately stopped shivering and appeared to relax. Relaxing against her, Lauren closed her eyes and tried to slow her breathing. She didn't even realize when she fell asleep or when she started dreaming.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

"It's okay, Camila... I've got you."

They were floating in the cold, choppy water and Lauren held on with all her might to Camila's lifejacket. Camila raised her head up above the water and spit out some water before trying to talk.

"You okay?", she shouted over the violence of the rough seas.

"I'm fine. Just hold on and we'll be fine."

Lauren was just about to say something more when a bolt of lightening lit up the dark waters and she saw their salvation floating a few feet away.

"The life raft! Camila! Come on!"

They kicked with all their might to reach the side of the rubber, inflatable raft.