Finally ... IYKWIM

Instead of the hard ground she expected to feel, Camila landed on a surprisingly soft and warm ... body? "It's okay, I've got you!", came the reassuring voice of Ally Brooke.

Camila rolled off the blonde as if her skin was on fire. "You've got me? You're the one who made me fall! I was doing fine until you screeched", she whispered lowly, so as not to alert the house. "And what the hell are you doing in my backyard in the middle of the night?"

"I'm not.. I was in..."

Her answer was interrupted by the appearance of another teenager when Normani quietly stuck her head out of a first floor window in the house adjacent to the Cabello's, which Camila recognized as Mr. Hamilton's small study. Growing up neighbors with her best friend provided many sneak outs and ins such as this, except this time was completely different.

"Ally", she called in relief and then, "Camila?", in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" Camila was standing now with her hands propped defiantly on her hips as she looked suspiciously between her best friend and Ally. "Oh my God, you're sneaking", and then she dropped her voice to a whisper, "a girl into your house at one o'clock in the morning. I'm shocked, Mani. What would your dad say about his wittle sweetie pie?" She fought the smile that threatened to break onto her face, having missed this teasing from the weeks she had been gone.

"Oh, please, Daddy won't think anything of it. Besides-"

"Stop, Mani ... before you say something you'll regret." This interruption came from the unlikely source of Normani's light haired femme fatale. "The question should be what was Camila doing sneaking out at one o'clock in the morning."

"Well... I... that's none of your business!", Camila sputtered indignantly.

"Then, I don't think this", Ally reached over and grabbed onto Normani's hand, nearly pulling her out of the open window, "is any of your business."

Camila thought a moment before replying. "Mani, how'd you wind up with such a smart girl?"

Normani shrugged silently. And Camila turned around to leave, but Ally's voice caused her to stop.

"Hey, Camila? Have fun with Lauren. She loves you very much, you know."

"Um... Thanks, Ally. I will and ... you ... um ... have fun too."

I hope things get serious with them.. Ally is good for her.

Camila smiled inwardly and pulled up her dark hood before quickly jogging off towards the garage.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

The Cabello family had a large garage and that was putting it lightly. Her father's passion was his car collection; therefore, instead of a two-car garage or a three-car garage, Alejandro had a 16-car garage. This wasn't the garage attached to the house, of course, where his every-day car was stored and her mothers repaired BMW, her Mustang and her fathers Mercedes. This garage was further away from the main house, which was why Camila chose it. No one would hear the engine. Thirty seconds later, she quietly pulled out in a candy-apple red Aston Martin, letting it coast silently down the long driveway. Lauren would love this. She had told her more than once about how some famous softball player had jumped over a speeding Aston Martin. Well, maybe she'd let her drive Alejandro's.

By the time she parked the car three houses away from Lauren's and walked up to his house, it was 1:45, so she definitely didn't want to wake anyone ... well, anyone but Lauren, that is. Picking up a handful of pea gravel, she flung it at Lauren's second floor bedroom window. Luckily, everyone in Miami used some form of rocks in their landscaping. It hit with a huge splat, much more loudly than Camila intended and she reflexively ducked down to hide in the shadows.