Ship Down (Part 1)

I was working on a damaged ship that my boss and caretaker, Genevieve, had just brought in. Both thrusters had been badly damaged and there were certainly many different parts missing from the engine.  Genevieve said that if I can fix it up, I can keep it, which shouldn't be too hard. I mean, I am a Lombax and we are naturally good at fixing and engineering things, or so my book says. You see, even though I'm a Lombax, I don't really know much about my species. Genevieve says that a Cragmite named Tachyon had tried to destroy all the Lombaxes in the Polaris Galaxy. She said that most of the Lombaxes fled to a different dimension, but my mom and dad were not so lucky. Genevieve was a friend of my mom and was able to find me before Tachyon's army did. She gave me many of my mom's belongings, including a book she was writing on our species, go figure.
"(Y/N)!! Will you turn that blasted music down!" I hear Genevieve yell.
"Hey, Galantis is great and it helps me work!" I yell back, a slight smile playing on my lips.
"That doesn't mean you have to have it up so loud!"
"Yes it does!"
I see Genevieve walking toward the front of the garage out of the corner of my eye, shaking her head.
"Teenagers." I hear her mutter, which makes me chuckle as I turn the music down and get back to my work.
"I have a feeling you're going to give her grey hairs before she's even in her forties."
I look up to the balcony and see Almandine (All•muhn•dine) standing there, leaning over the railing. She looks like she just woke up, her long red hair disheveled, a tired look in her eyes, and even still wearing her tanktop and shorts pjs.
"Like you haven't done that already, Almond." I say, using her nickname.
"I was a good child... most of the time." said Almond, making her way down to the work area. "Did you even go to sleep last night?" she asks looking at all the tools thrown around me.
"Psh, I don't need sleep when I've got excitement to keep me awake." I said as a matter of fact.
"You really think your gonna finish fixing this thing by the end of the week?"
"Well, as long as everything goes smoothly and I have everything I need, I might finish it early."
"Yeah, if you don't sleep at all."
"I'm sure she can finish it while still getting a good night's rest." Said Genevieve, walking back into the garage. "But, you're going to have to take a break for a little bit."
"Why?" I asked.
"Cause we just got a ship that is so torn up, I'm going to need help fixing it."
"What kind of ship was it?"
"A Megacorp-Made Star Fighter."
"What!? How did they bust up that ship, its exterior is suppose to be extremely durable!"
"I don't know but they did."
"What kind of idiot was driving was driving it!?"
"Captain Qwark."
I stopped everything I was doing.
"Captain Qwark? Like the guy from the Galactic Rangers...?"
"That would be the one."
"Oh snap. I'll leave you guys be." Almond said, chuckling as she walked out of the garage area to the living quarters.
Everything was quiet as I stared off into the distance.
...
...
"WHY IS THAT PRICK ASKING FOR OUR HELP!?" I yelled. Its no surprise that I didn't like Qwark, everyone knows. I just don't support a guy who is so self-centered and only does things for his own gain.
"Look, I know you don't like him, but we are going to get paid a great amount for this." said Genevieve.
"No money in the world would-"
"It will have us set till next year."
"Let's get started shall we?"
(647 Words)