Giving In - The Easy Way Out

****************************

A.N. Dedicated to dreamerinthecupboard for editing this, originally my first chapter.

****************************

*Micah*

I arrived at Arel Industries early Monday morning ready to whore myself any way to strike Mr. Arel’s fancy. I’d reluctantly dropped Abby off at foster care this morning, as I did most mornings since I couldn’t afford daycare and Mrs. Crowen was nice enough to look after her along with the other younger children. I still couldn’t bring myself to trust family services not to keep her if they found out, though. So, I’d pleaded with a neighbor until she agreed to pick all three of my siblings up after school and leave them with Jeffery to watch over them for the night. Jeff had strict rules to keep all windows and doors closed and locked at all times, no exceptions, until I got back. Which would hopefully be in time to see them off to school. I wasn’t good at rising early, Kennedy usually jumped on me most mornings to get me up. Maybe I could just not sleep tonight. Surly heading out at first light would make a good impression on my new pater.

I spoke with the guard at the gate and got directions to visitor’s parking and where to head inside the building. I was sweating nervously. With the random money the man had thrown at me, I’d been able to relax a bit this weekend. I hadn’t had to beg my managers for overtime or extra jobs. I’d actually been able to spend the time at home, enjoying my siblings company as I caught up with chores or reviewed homework with less than satisfactory (aka A) grades. For the first time since our parents died, we’d felt whole again, like a real family. After that, this corrupting greed had spawned inside me. Never before had I ever really considered resorting to anything even remotely shady – and any marriage contract made for anything other than love was definitely in the black category. Now, I just hoped Mr. Arel didn’t come to his senses in time to realize he was giving his son to a pathetic high school dropout.

I’ll have to make an effort to seduce this kid, I thought, uncomfortably. I didn’t have that much confidence in my ability to do that. Sure I was attractive enough, but I wasn’t a knock out and the only skill I really had was in how to stretch a paycheck thinner than it was ever supposed to go. I’d be a cheap date, but unless this kid wanted to be my sugar daddy that wasn’t going to be of any use to me now.

Maybe he’s a fat, ugly louse who asked his daddy to make sure he had a bit of tail coming his way. I silently prayed he was so repulsive no other respectable gay man would have him. And heaven knows it’s been long enough for me, my blue balls would take a goat if they were in charge of what I did.

A secretary disappeared into an anteroom, and ten minutes later I was lead through it into a large office with spacious windows overlooking manicured company lawns. Paxton Arel finished writing something on a bright canary legal pad before sighing and raising to great me.

“Mr. Payne, I take it you’ve considered my offer?”

“I’d like to learn more about it, yes.” Wasn’t like he’d been making enough sense for me to actually understand what his offer was, but I wasn’t about to tell the boss man that.

“Well, I’m not going to sugar coat this so I hope you can just stay with me until I finish.” I nod and he takes a deep breath before continuing. He turns on a large projector and a picture displays of a man, whom resembled Paxton Arel enough to be a fraternal twin, being led away in handcuffs.

“This is my younger brother. Three weeks ago he started an altercation over a man’s sexuality and ended  up pushing the poor man over a railing to his death right in front of his husband and family. He’ll be incarcerated for the next twenty years to life, and to be quite frank, I hope he rots to death before they let the selfish bastard out.” I wondered for a moment whether he was upset his brother could do such a thing, or that he’d dared slandered the family name. Somehow, I just couldn’t put Mr. Arel as the kind of man the latter would have, at least not consciously, occurred to. Yet, it was what the word ‘selfish’ had implied.