Inside a Dark 'Lord's Mind

A.N. OK, just - in advance - Gad is a bigot, just as his father raised him. His thoughts, opinions, etc. in no way reflect my own. If they do reflect your own, seek help from a mental therapist or surrender yourself to a psychiatric ward.

P.S. This is not a major part of the story. This is not it's dark dramatic turn.

This chapter was originally intended as a red herring. Just something to throw readers off so the story wouldn't fit into a standard predictable format. Then I realized people stopped reading after this chapter so...

Yeah. That's why the long intro warning.

--------------------------

*3rd Person Gad*

Gad growled angrily as he paced back and forth before his reflection in the employee bathrooms. The general employee bathrooms. Damn that Micah Payne! Damn his uncle! Hadn't even rated an executive internship. No, that was for Micah, and he alone.

Micah or Gabriel, which was it, which was the lynch pin to his uncles plans? Did they bow around his own flesh and blood, or around the upstarts supposed financial genius?

That was another thing. Both ways upset the natural order of things. The privileged were only privileged because they took privileges. To stand above others you had to put them firmly below your heel in the human pyramid. Allowing the masses to become complacent would only drag you down until they ended up wallowing atop of you. This applied to everything, even within the family. Something his father had obviously forgotten in regards to his younger brother. Thank God, Gad had only a very young sister himself, and sisters were never so much competition.

His father's premature and ultimately brash actions had set in place nothing but good for Gad himself. He was no longer expected to oversee care for his sister. He now lived in a stable, un-mortgaged home rather than rancid apartments. He could go to school part time, if and as he wished. He was given a temporary internship at his uncle's corporation. And, he was all set up to seduce his uncle into entrusting 'the family' - aka the family inheritance - to the cool, confident nephew rather than his incompetent mouse of a cousin.

And then this Micah Payne came into the picture and ruined everything! No longer was he, Gad, the most dominant male of the household. No longer was his own internship of any importance; his uncle created an entirely new, VIP internship, exclusively for the repugnant pauper. And what does he do with it?! Within a month he's turning the entire natural order on its head, asking privileged white collar employees to grunge alongside menial blue collar drones. Upsetting the balance of supremacy, and how does Paxton Arel respond to this affront to convention, to tradition. He congratulates the plebeian and his debase ways, throws a party to encourage further dissention amongst the working-class. Gives the lout a credit card in adjunct to the small stipend the miscreant is already earning, as if he were actually employed. At least the dog himself knew his place enough to aver minimum wage rather than generous administrative wage with which his uncle had tried to garnish him - not that Gad trusted the obese fool not to be padding the stipend he lavished on his new pet executive.

And what was the upstart doing with all that money now? Playing hooky for the day to take the doleful twink on a date! All while Gad himself, Paxton's own flesh and blood, was stuck in the office answering call after call inquiring after the disgusting rainbow fuckers.

Oh, Gad could understand why his uncle had arranged a marriage for his pineal offspring. The androgynous squirt was little better than a plebian himself. It was painfully obvious the miniscule fairy fag would have to marry into a more aggressive mindset to avoid waning into the masses. Gad could even understand, however reluctantly, playing up the family money as a means of drumming up a suitable spouse for the little bug. But Paxton had not done so. Not only had he arranged a homosexual travesty, he'd drawn from the crowded masses of nobodies and wannabe's, completely ignoring Gad's prior claims as blood kin!

So, again, the question remained: Gabriel or Micah?
Which target would swing the pendulum of power back his way?
A hearty street rat or timid summer flower?

Well, there was certainly one more...appealing than the other.

-----------------------------

A.N.

... O.K.

So, after that disturbing outlook into a phyco's mind I thought you all deserved a nicer, happier chapter.

So, I waited to post this one until I had the other ready.

Sorry for the wait!