Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Shawn's POV

I woke up and groaned. Slowly, I opened my eyes and realized that I wasn't at home with my wife. I wasn't even sleeping in a bed. Shit! I knew immediately that I was at Bey's house. I turned my head and saw that the sun wasn't even up. It was clearly still night time.

I got up and began looking around the house. It was quiet, so I figured that she was sleeping. I went to her bedroom to find Bey sleeping with her arm wrapped around a pillow. It was clear that she was yearning to just hold someone while she slept.

I slowly walked into the bedroom and climbed in the bed. She didn't wake up, which surprised me a bit. I didn't know that she wasn't a light sleeper. I caressed her face gently. She was so beautiful.

"Stop," she mumbled and pushed my hand away. I chuckled a bit and left her alone.

I watched as she slowly opened her eyes to fixate them on me. "Go home."

"No. I wanna be with you."

Bey rolled her eyes. "You're stupid," she groaned before raising up to check the time.

"You have time to go home, Shawn. Go home."

I frowned at her. "Why do you want me to go home?"

"Because you need to. You can't stay here. Go home. Seriously."

I huffed out. Every now and then she tried to play the "how would your wife feel" card. Why she cared? I never understood. We never talked about why she broke up with her ex man. All she told me was that it was simply differences in the relationship.

"I apologize," I told her after a while.

Bey looked at me with a frown on her face. "For?" I knew she knew, but she always liked for explanation. She always said that she wanted you to acknowledge what you had done. Own it.

"For going through your phone, first of all. I know how you feel about that, and I shouldn't have done that regardless of how you would have felt. And for showing up drunk to your house."

She nodded her head.

"Do you forgive me?"

She laughed. "Not yet."

"You were dressed when I got here.."

Bey let out a deep breath turned on her back. "I was going to dinner."

"With the coach?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

She immediately frowned. "Because I'm well in my right to do so."

"Do you like him?"

"Not anymore, but if I did, it wouldn't have mattered."

I laughed a bit. "Yes it would've."

She cut her eyes at me and shook her head. "I'm going to sleep."

She didn't say another word as she turned on her side and drifted off to sleep. I held her in my arms and simply thought about everything. I was going to go home, but I wanted to make sure that Bey would get some time, as well. Once I noticed that she had gone into a deep sleep, I kissed her forehead.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear before leaving the room and getting my stuff. Yes, I was going to have to walk home, but I really ended the time to think about everything.

I soon made it home, and wasn't surprised that it was extremely quiet. I didn't want to wake anyone up, so I simply locked up and went straight to our bedroom. I began removing my clothing when I heard the sheets moving.