Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Beyoncé's POV

Going into work this morning, I had one main agenda. I really only came because I needed to speak with Joshua and Monique on what happened while I was out. It was my lunch break, and I knew that they would be expecting their food. Shelby was out for the day, so I really didn't have to leave to get anything.

"Ms. Knowlessss," Joshua said with a smile on his face.

"I missed you, yesterday!" He said before sitting on top of my desk.

I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "Go sit in a desk, Joshua."

"Am I in trouble?" He asked.

"I haven't figured that out, yet."

I didn't know whether to commend Joshua or be mad at him for everything. But once Monique entered my room? I knew immediately.

"Hey," she said dryly.

"What happened?" I asked while closing the door behind her.

"What happened with what?" She asked.

"Don't. Don't do that. Don't stand there and pretend as if you have no earthly clue as to what I am speaking of."

She let out a deep breath. "Joshua was talking shit."

I waited for her to continue, but she didn't. "That's it? Joshua was talking shit, and you got mad? Therefore you stand in front of a male and tell him to hit you?"

She rolled her eyes, which didn't matter to me.

"I commend him for not rocking your shit like you asked, but you? You need help."

"I don't ne"

"I don't care. Whatever response you have, I'll accept in your research paper. Research about domestic violence. Get out my room," I said with a hint of attitude.

One thing I couldn't stand was domestic violence. I knew that Joshua hadn't done a thing wrong, which is why I really wasn't mad. But that girl? Oh please.

With them gone, I had pretty much nothing to do on my break. I had noticed long before that my routine with Shawn wasn't the same. He didn't call this morning, and I knew that I had been drinking. What happened while I was drunk? I have no idea.

I immediately left the building and went to my car.

Smirking, I opened the door to the school's main office. It felt good being back in the school that I used to teach at.

"Ms. Knowles!" I heard one of the students say. I turned my head and immediately smiled.

It was one of my students from my FCCLA club. "Hey!"

I pulled her into a hug. "What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"I just wanted to see old faces," I told her. That was a lie. I came to see Shawn, and go right back to my school.

"You should really come back more. We miss you!"

"Who's running the club now?" I asked her curiously.

"They cut it, but I gotta go to class!"

"Email me!" I told her quickly, allowing her to go to class. I didn't like that they cut the club. That was one thing I told Shawn not to do. Was I upset? Yes, because we had done so many great things with that club.

I went into the office and smiled at the receptionist.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ms. Knowles," Kimn teased. She was like my ace when I used to teach her. She knew I didn't send children to the office for discipline unless they were really getting on my damn nerves.