Chapter 10

Beyoncé's POV

"I fucked up," Shawn said after closing the door.

I folded my arms across my chest and simply looked at him. I was utterly confused, but I was willing to listen to this.

"When I fall in love, Bey, I don't care too much about anything else. I neglected my wife. I neglected my child. I neglected their feelings, because I wanted you. I wanted you more than anything."

I didn't like where this was going, honestly.

"So I was right?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. "For a year. For a year she knew."

I smirked a bit. "And she didn't say anything?"

"Not a word."

"She was building a big case against you..."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'll give her almost everything that she wants."

"Almost?"

"I want joint custody of Ashlyn."

I wanted to laugh at that. "Shawn. Joint custody isn't really going to work. She probably has proof that you haven't really been there for your child."

He threw his hands up and reached out for me to sit in his lap. I let out a deep breath before taking his hands and allowing myself to sit in his lap.

"What else happened?"

"She gave me a week's worth of clothes," he said.

I laughed a bit. "That was nice of her. You know how many women would've thrown your shit in the garbage? I'll never forget donating Idris's shit."

He laughed. "What?"

"He had all that nice expensive clothes. Why throw it in a garbage or burn it when all you gotta do is give it to someone that needs it?"

Shawn fell back with laughter. "You're foul."

"He shouldn't have cheated. He's lucky I was in my right mind."

"I'm lucky too. Wouldn't have met you if you were...locked up."

"Oh I can't go to jail. You know what they do to people like me in jail?"

"Fuck you?"

"That's called rape!"

"Oh, so you're not willing?" He asked.

I laughed and tried to get off of him. "Fuck you, Shawn!"

He held on to. "I'd like that, actually. Where were you?"

"Minding my business."

"With?"

"My business."

"I'm not allowed to know your business?" He asked as he planted kisses on my neck.

"Nope," I told him. "And stop distracting the conversation."

"What conversation?"

I turned and looked at him blankly. "Your wife just found out you've been cheating, yet you're here. Why is that?"

"Can I stay?"

I laughed before getting up. "Shawn. Are you serious?"

"Yes...?"

I thought about it for a moment. I wasn't a mean person. I knew that he was going through things.

"How long?"