Chapter 4

I jumped out of bed ready to see my girlfriend. Of course I never told anybody what I was doing and instead got a thousand texts from Mitch.

M- Where r u? Get back here right now!!!!

A- Ummmmm can't and if I tell u where I am u'll pick me up soooooo

M- You better be back here in the  next 10 minutes

A- No way. I'm street performing and we're almost there so BYYYYYYYYYE

M-I'm calling you

I get a call from Mitch. He sounds annoyed from me not telling him where I was. I still didn't. I told him that he could just live with it or come find me. He told me they were going to hunt me down. I rolled my eyes and said bye as he was lecturing me and hung up. "Over protective mother." I say rolling my eyes causing Emmy to laugh.

We set up out speaker and plug it into my phone. We decided to do some PTX songs. I mean why not support right? They are my parents after all. When we are in the middle of a performance and I see that all too familiar car I stop the music and say bye and thank you before grabbing Emmy by the wrist and pulling her away. She fake smiles as if it was normal.

"Your house. Now! My parents." I say. She understands my broken up Emglish and we sprint the whole 3 blocks.

"Man. I knew you said they'd come find you but I didn't mean they would literally do it! Man! You were right. They are some over protective mothers and fathers." she says panting as we get into her house. "How exactly did they not catch up with us?" she says walking to her room with me following.

"I'm not sure. I don't like them knowing I'm athletic and sciency and super smart. Knowing my middle name and where I was born. I just don't! They are too over protective. They have to understand that I'm not 4 or 5 years old! I'm freaking 13! They need to understand that I have certain things I don't want them knowing. I have secrets." I complain pacing around the room. "They don't understand. They never will understand. I know that they were my age once but they aren't the same. Our backgrounds are completely different. We are not alike in anyway." I say sitting on her bed. Then the doorbell rings.

"Uh I think they found us? And if you don't want them doing those things or knowing those things then tell them that. Tell them that they're too overprotective." Emmy says then I faintly hear Mitch and Scott explaining what happened. I slowly opened the door and looked around the corner just to verify.

"This. This is going to take forever to explain." I groan collapsing on her bed.

"Sorry. It'll be OK babe. You'll get through it." she says giving me a quick kiss. I smile and and nod my head in agreement. 

"Yeah yeah I know. It was so much easier at the adoption center though. It's been two freaking days and I'm in a whole weeks worth of trouble! I could just leave and tell them I'm with you. But they don't know you or who you are to me. They would have to know exactly where I am. How about we do this at the park tomorrow? I'm already in trouble so I guess it wouldn't matter. If I'm grounded..... let's just see who sneaks out." I say smirking at the end. She giggles a little. Then Mitch opens the door.

"Your coming with me." he says simply ad I roll my eyes but follow anyways. I mouth the word "overprotective" to Emmy and she somehow manages not to laugh. I know she is a volcano of laughs right now though. She bit her lip and that's how I know.

"What the heck were you thinking?!" Mitch shouts once we were in the car.

"That you guys are way overprotective" I mumble under my breath.

"What was that?" Mitch asks still annoyed.

"That you guys are over protective." I say louder. "You knew I was fine but you still came looking for me. You guys are all like mothers of a 2 year old! You ask where I am every five minutes! Look. I don't know y'all very well but even my own parents weren't like that. And neither were the abusers!! You guys think y'all know how it is at thirteen but the truth is you don't know what it's like at all for me. I constantly worry y'all are going to take me back, going to shoot me, my real parents aren't really dead, the other ones are coming back for me to abuse me, you guys just don't get it!!! We have newer technology now. Most of the abusers can come looking for me. And find me. I just can't trust you guys yet!! I can't trust anyone except Hope and Emmy. No one. I've known Hope since I was 5 and Emmy at 6 when we started street performing. I've known them forever. I've trusted Hope with things I'll never tell you guys. I've told Emmy the same things. And even if me and Emmy do break up we'll still be friends. You guys don't understand what it's like for me at all. Go on and hit me and kick me all you want but I'm a lot stronger than you think and if you force me down I'll find my way back. No matter what anyone says." I let it all out at once. It was hard for me to talk about the others or really put into words how I felt but I just did it.

The car stopped by then and we were at the house. I slammed the door shut and ran straight inside and to my room. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I climbed out my window and sat on the tree after grabbing my lead pencil and sketch book. I drew out my emotions. You wouldn't actually know how I was feeling or what I went through by looking at it. You'd have to look beyond the dark colors. My drawing. Scott and Mitch were discussing what I'd said with the others down stairs.

I grabbed a sticky note and put on my sketch book. I wrote on it "if you look beyond the sight, you'll see the real meaning of the drawing." I knew he'd know it was from me. I did. Who else would it be from? I took my sketch book and placed it on Mitch's bed. I walked quickly back to my room. I laid down on my back and texted Hope about what all had happened. I also texted Emmy about me going to Hope. I then created a group chat with just us three. I told them both that I had confessed all my feelings and even that me and Emmy were dating. I then shut off my phone placed it in my back pocket.

I grabbed my other sketch book and my pencil and headed downstairs. "Park." I simply said before leaving. I sat down and began a sketch of all of them. (HER FIRST DRAWING IS UP AT THE TOP AND IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS I'LL PUT THE DRAWINGS OF THEM)

When I got done with Kevin the last one I noticed that it was about 6. "How long was I here?!" I said to myself before walking off back to the house. I simply just went upstairs not saying anything to anybody. I just went up stairs took the pages out carefully and searched for my oil pastels. "Dang it! Where are they?" I say in a speaking tone to once again myself. "Aha!" I say finally finding them. I colored them in  and when I finished it was 3 in the morning. I went downstairs and put them on the couch so that they'd see them. I really hope they like them.....