Chapter One: Finding out

Hey, Guys! This is my new Twilight Story and I hope you like it. I haven't done a story like this in a long time so I thought I'd do one. Please vote, comment and follow my page. please let me know what you think. Enjoy :)

Chapter One Of The Volturi Queen: Finding Out.

I awake with a slight jump as I heard a bang followed by a curse from downstairs. Sighing, I realised that Charlie was up for work and probably dropped something on his foot like he always does in a morning. Some people have coffee to wake them up, Charlie drops things on his feet to wake him up. Weird I know.

Rolling over, I noticed that the space where my boyfriend, Edward lies, was empty. Of course, Charlie doesn't know Edward spends every night here, he would probably go nuts. The perks of dating a vampire. I sat up and pulled the covers over my bare chest and winced. Last night was amazing, I finally gave my all to Edward and he to me. But I was now paying the price...the pain I felt down below was like being stabbed by a thousand knives all at once. I don't regret it though, not one bit.

Slowly and very carefully, I stood up and grabbed my robe and wrapped it around my naked body. I ran my fingers through my tangled hair and noticed a note on my bedside table. I picked it up and smiled as I read it. 

'My love, please don't think I left you when I haven't. Charlie woke up a lot earlier this morning and came in to check on you- it's a good job I covered you up. I have gone hunting with Alice. See you at school sweetheart.

Love, Your Edward.

P.S you might want to put your bed sheets in the wash...I hope the stain comes out.' 

Bed sheets in the wash? What? Placing the note back on my bedside table, I glanced at my bed and blushed. Blood stained the sheets, a sign of my lost virginity. How was I going to explain them to Charlie? He'd surely notice the stain and start asking questions. He'd probably put two and two together and go rushing over to the Cullen's and kill Edward for taking his only daughter virginity. 

I chuckle at the thought. Edward was lucky he was bullet-proof.

I guess the only thing I had to do was lie and say mother nature visited last night. I've never been a good liar, I hope he believes me. The cramps I'm feeling now should back me up. Maybe I don't have to lie, maybe mother nature is coming. I groaned at the thought, I hope not. 

Stripping my bed, I ignored the cramps I was feeling and carried the stained bed sheets downstairs. Charlie was in the kitchen reading a newspaper and drinking his coffee. I tried to be as quiet as possible so he wouldn't notice me, but luck wasn't on my side at the moment. He glanced up and did a double take and frowned. 

"You're up early" He looked at the bed sheets. "What are you doing with them?"

I could already see him put two and two together. Me coming downstairs in nothing but a robe and looking flustered carrying bed sheets.I had to get that thought out his mind, I hope it works.

"I got woken up by a little visitor" I hurry to the washing machine and quickly put the stained sheets in.

"Who?"

"Mother nature," I say not looking at him and started the washer

Charlie stood up. "Who?"

"Dad think about it" I ran my fingers through my hair. "What do us girls get every month?"

He looked confused for a moment before realisation crossed his face. He went red, placed his cup in the sink and mumbled something about going to work. It wasn't until he left, that I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and grabbed onto the kitchen side. It worked. It actually worked. 

Suddenly, a wave a sickness came over me and I darted to the toilet and threw all yesterday's meal up. I felt someone grab my hair and remove it from my face and rubbed my back. (I know she shouldn't be feeling sick yet but in my book, she gets pregnant straight away and it grows faster) Once I was sure I wasn't going to throw up anymore, I stood up, flushed the toilet and turned around to see Edward staring at me with worried eyes. 

"I thought you were hunting" I walked over to the sink and got my toothbrush.

"I was until Alice saw you being sick" He placed his hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Strangely, yes. I'm just going to brush my teeth and get ready for school"

I quickly brushed my teeth with Edward's worried gaze on me the whole time. Once I was sure the bad taste was gone and my breath didn't smell like vomit, I headed back to my bedroom and saw Alice looking through my closet. No surprise there.

"Hey, Bella!" She says looking through my tops. 

"Hey Alice"

It went quiet so I decided to brush the tangles out of my hair so it fell nice around my shoulders. Alice then appeared next to me with a pair of black skinny jeans, a blue vest top thing, a leather jacket and my black boots. "I didn't want to go overboard considering you're not feeling well. And I'm only going to put a bit of powder on your face so you don't look as pale." She hands me the clothes. "Now go get ready"

"I feel fine" I mumble and head for the bathroom.

 I close the bathroom door and glance in the mirror. 'Man I look awful' shaking my head at the thought, I opened the medicine cabinet and looked through hoping to find something to get rid of my cramps. Just as I was about to give up, I noticed a pregnancy test and froze. 'What was that doing in there?' I thought but then suddenly remembered that Emmett got it as a joke once. I couldn't be pregnant...vampires can't reproduce. But what if they can? Nobody has tested out the theory.

With that thought in mind, I grabbed the test, ripped it open and read the instructions. I doubt I would be pregnant if what I learnt in bio was that it takes a lot longer than a day to get pregnant. But then again, if I was pregnant, it would be a half human-half vampire baby meaning it could grow a lot faster. I wonder how Edward would react....only one way to find out. 

While I was waiting for the results, I got changed in the outfit that Alice chose and grabbed the powder from the sink and applied it to my face. I didn't want Alice seeing the test so that's why I put the powder on myself. Whilst I was getting ready, I didn't even glance at the test.

Suddenly a knock on the bathroom door made me jump and drop the makeup brush. "Bella! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Alice. Give me a moment"

"Oka-" She pauses and I knew she was having a vision. Please don't let her see what I just did. "Hey! I thought I was doing your powder?!"

I chuckled and the timer on my phone went off signalling it was time to look at the test. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed the test with shaking hands and looked down only to drop it in the sink. Two pink lines were clearly visible. I was pregnant. With Edwards baby. A half human-half vampire baby. What was I going to do? My eyes watered and I ran my fingers through my hair. How was Charlie going to take it? How was Edward going to take it?

"Bella love? Are you okay?"

Crap. "I'm fine...I'll be out in a moment. Can you grab my bag for me?"

"Sure"

His footsteps faded and I took a deep breath. I will tell him. Today. After school. With that thought in mind, I put the test in my travel makeup bag (Alice insisted I had it)  and took a deep breath. Once I was sure I looked okay, I opened the bathroom door and took Edward's hand. 

How my life was going to change. In both good and bad ways.