Chapter Seven: It's Happening

Chapter Seven of The Volturi Queen: It's Happening.

**************

Jane lead me through another pair of big double doors and down a surprisingly lit hallway. Down the hallway, there were many different doors that lead into many different doors which I know soon enough I will know what is behind them. Jane kept glancing back to either see if I was still following, planning something or regretting my decision. I just kept smiling at her everytime to which she returned, to others Jane looked to be a scary person but I can tell that's just an act and I hope we can be friends one day. 

She leads me to an elevator and I took note which floor button she pressed. Floor 4. The annoying elevator voice announces that the doors were closing and the lift was going up. Yes thank you for that, I already know. The ride was quiet neither of us saying a word, I wanted to talk to her but I was too scared to strike up a conversation.  

Finally, the ride ends and she leads me down another corridor with many different doors. "This where the main guard stays and since you are going to be a part of the main guard, it's now your area too"

I was surprised, I knew I was going to be on the guard I just didn't know I was going to be a part of the main guard. Take that Cullen's! "The main guard?"

"Aro sees potential in you so yes, the main guard" She smiles and stops in front of a door. "This is your room. Mine and Alec's is across the hall. I hope everything will be okay for you and if you need anything, give us a call"

"Thank you, Jane. I mean it"

"No worries. Since you're now staying with us, I hope we can be friends"

"Me too"

I smile at her which she returns and I enter my room. The room itself is very beautiful, it's all red with a huge bed in the middle. There were two doors to one side which I'm guessing were the closet and bathroom. Sighing, I flopped onto my bed trying not to put too much pressure on my stomach and soon fell asleep. 

******** A FEW MONTHS LATER********

I have been with the Volturi for exactly three months and it's been amazing. They took me in with open arms which I never expected, it's like I was meant to be here. Me and Jane are best friends, she's got my back and I've got hers.  She's like the sister I've never had, oh how stupid was I for thinking Alice was my sister, I was defiantly mistaken. Aro is like my dad and me his daughter, we have a very strong bond and I've even started calling him dad. Although he will never replace Charlie, it's nice to know I still have that father figure. Caius is my uncle along with Marcus, they are all extremely protective of me and God knows what would happen to anyone who hurt me. They're already after the Cullen's. Alec, on the other hand, I can't really describe our bond. There's defiantly something there but I don't know what. I guess only time will tell. 

Right now I'm currently lying on my bed with everyone around me and Alec holding my hand. I'm only three months pregnant but I look nine months and it's taking its toll on my body. I need to drink human blood just to keep my strength but every day is becoming a battle and I struggle to even lift my head. So I'm on bed rest with everyone watching over me with worried. We all know my human life is almost over.

"I'd say she's got a few hours left. At most" The very scared human doctor tells us all. I haven't bothered to learn his name because I know as soon as this baby is born they will take him away and kill him. He knows too much.

I groan. "I don't know whether to be happy about that or upset"

"It's normal to have mixed emotions dear" Aro smiles at me. "Just know we'll be by your side every step of the way"

"Master is right. You're not on your own through this" Alec says squeezing my hand. 

"Thanks" I look around at them all. "Is the nursery ready?"

Jane giggles. "It's been ready since you got here"

"And no one will harm my baby right?"

Caius frowns. "We promise no one will and if they do they will pay"

I smile again at my new family. We continue to talk amongst ourselves for a few hours and all seems calm. That is until I feel a really bad pain, a pain I've never felt before. I cry out and clutch my stomach and suddenly it all goes into panic mode as we prepare for what's to come. 

Honestly, the whole birth was a blur to me. I kept passing out and waking up at the wrong moments. All I remember is a lot of yelling, blood and really bad pain coming from my stomach. It was like a scene from a horror movie, a horror movie which for me doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. But, it does end. All of it. The pain, the screaming and the blood and soon enough I hear a tiny cry which brings more tears to my eyes. 

"It's a girl" Is what I hear before darkness consumes me. 

Fire is what I felt for the nex few days but it soon enough ends and I find myself getting control of my body. I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling above taking in every detial and smile. I'm a vampire. My wish had come true. 

"You're awake!" A high pitched voice squeals. Jane. "I was begginning to worry!"

I sat up. "Why?"

"Because you've been out for a week!"

"A week?" I raise my eyebrow before panic consumes me. "How is she? My baby?"

Jane literally glows. "Heathly and happy waiting for her mummy"

"Can I see her?"

"Not yet" I frown. "You need to feed first. She's half human which means she has a heartbeat and blood pumping through her veins. Come, we have a meal prepared for you"

I jump off the bed and follow Jane out of the bedroom. My new life as a vampire has begun and boy, am I ready for it.