Invitations & Panic Attacks

Barry glanced down at the envelope in his hand.

It was as though Barry confiding in Oliver had somehow given a green light to the universe to carry on trying to overturn his life. He couldn't find any other explanation for the invitation he had gotten, not two weeks after his breakdown.

Barry sighed and ran his hand over his face.

"Ahhh, I can't deal with this now," he groaned.

He folded it and put it in his jacket, resolving to think about it later. He shouted a goodbye to Joe and rushed out of the house, in a hurry to meet with his lover at Starling City, and spend the night with him.

***

"So, uh, you are invited to spend the Central with us in Christmas City," Barry said.

Oliver blinked.

"What?"

Barry replayed what he said in his head and blushed.

"Oh, I mean you, that is the whole team actually, are invited to spend the Christmas with the rest of us in Central, uh, City," he trailed off.

Oliver raised an eyebrow.

"For heaven's sake, Ollie, put on a shirt!"

Oliver chuckled and then smirked, walking, prowling really, towards the speedster who couldn't keep his eyes off his lover's torso. He couldn't be blamed, though. It was indeed quite a well-defined, and muscled torso.

Barry gulped, his pupils dilating, as Oliver leaned over him, his hands on either side of Barry's head, bracing on the wall behind.

"Why, Barry," Oliver said in a low, gruff voice, fully knowing what it did to him. "I thought you liked it when I went shirtless."

Barry gave a low growl and yanked Oliver down by the neck to meet his lips. Oliver laughed into Barry's mouth. He slipped his hand into Barry's hair and clenched it.

Barry moaned and deepened the kiss, mapping out Oliver's mouth like a conquering hero. Oliver let him, content to not be in control (only ever with Barry).

After what felt like an eternity, they broke apart slowly, savouring the other. Barry beamed at the other man.

"I love you, you know," said Barry, smiling goofily.

Oliver felt his heart clench with just how much he adored this man in front of him, how lucky he was to have him in his life.

He dipped his head down to capture his lover's lips in a chaste kiss.

"And I love you, Barry," he whispered, looking into his eyes.

***

"Hey Barr," called Oliver. "What's this?"

Barry peeked out from the kitchen.

"Wha- oh, that."

Oliver looked up as Barry reached him, and tilted his head.

"As you can see," Barry began, sighing. "It's an invitation for a reunion. For Dalton Academy alumni. Which I happen to be. Apparently, there's going to be performances by the Glee clubs for charity and so on."

"And...? You're going, right?"

"Uh, I don't know. I really don't know what to do, Oliver."

Oliver grasped his shoulder.

"Hey, look at me, Barry. We'll figure it out, okay? Relax, alright?"

Barry took a deep breath and nodded. He didn't even notice that he had tensed up.