Cat's Outta The Bag

It was time.

Barry felt as though he was walking to his sentencing as he walked down the stairs, slowly, to prolong the time as much as he can. He knew that he was overreacting a bit, okay, a lot, but he couldn't help it. He cared about his friends' opinion of him.

He thought he heard a death knell being sounded, but then he smacked himself when he realised it was the door bell.

'Ok, I really need to calm down. Deep breaths, phew.'

He opened the door to find Cisco and Caitlin. But they weren't alone. He blinked in surprise on seeing Felicity and Diggle.

"Hey, guys," said Barry, opening the door wider to let them pass through.

He was greeted with a chorus of "Hello"s.

Cisco and Caitlin went on inside to settle on the couch with Joe and Oliver.

"What are you guys doing here?" Barry questioned the Team Arrow members. "I mean, not that I don't want you guys here, as I do. But, I thought you had work at Star City."

Felicity smiled.

"Iris invited us. Something about a huge dinner?" She wiggled her eyebrows, making Barry snort with amusement.

"Felicity!" Iris squealed.

Barry winced as his ear drums were assaulted by the shrieks. He looked over to see Oliver watching him, his lips curved in a small, secret smile, eyes bright.

Barry would swear that his heart skipped a beat. He mock scowled at Oliver, trying to control his grin.

Before he knew it, they were all sitting in a circle, waiting for him to start. Oliver pulled Barry down to sit beside him in the loveseat. The warmth of his body pressed against his anchored him.

He took a deep breath, focussed on the floor, and told his friends and family the truth.

Barry did not raise his head to see how they were taking the news. He kept his face impassive, and tried to slow his thoughts down. Oliver squeezed his shoulder, giving him comfort.

Someone knelt in front of him. Soft hands cupped his chin and lifted his face. He looked right at Iris, her eyes filled with sympathy.

"Barry," she whispered, smiling slightly. "Did you really think we'll hate you for this?"

Barry looked away. The truth was, he hated himself for it, so why wouldn't they?

"Hey, look at me," she said, softly. "Best friends no matter what, remember? And besides, you may have been a bully then. But you are not one now. And, Barry, in the end, that's what really matters."

Barry swallowed hard, and nodded. He looked over Iris' head to see Joe.

He barely noticed as Iris moved away. Joe was in front of him. With a strong arm, he pulled Barry into his arms and held him tight. Barry froze for a moment, but then he was returning the hug with as much strength as he could.

"I am so proud of you," Joe said, gruffly. "You understand? So damn proud. It took guts for you to admit it all. And I think, you have already tortured yourself enough over what happened."

After letting go, Barry looked down at Oliver who had a soft smile on his face.

His friends all gave him encouraging smiles. Barry didn't notice Felicity frowning slightly.

He was telling everyone about the Dalton Alumni reunion, when suddenly, Felicity cheered.

She blinked when everyone turned to stare at her.

"Oh, I am sorry. It's just, wait, I'll show you guys," she grinned.

Barry had an ominous feeling.

As she fiddled with her phone, she continued, "I knew I remembered that name from somewhere! It struck me just now. Right, got it!"

She then turned her smartphone to show them a video.

With growing horror, Barry realised that it was a video of the Warblers performing, with him in the lead.

"Oh my god, Barry, you sing?" Cisco exclaimed.

"I knew you can sing, but you can dance?" That was Caitlin.

The others were watching the video, which was the version of Live While We're Young, with great interest.

Barry glared at Felicity, but she only smirked at him.

Oliver turned to him and said solemnly, "You are going to the reunion."

Barry had no chance to even give a token of protest as everyone started reinforced what Oliver said.

Looks like he was going to the reunion after all.

***

A/N: Okay, go ahead, tell me how disappointed you are with this chapter. I know that I am. But, ugh! I just can't get my mind to work...

I am so very sorry. But looks like writer's block is hitting me from every direction. I am NOT abandoning this fic.

But, I would like some help. How do you think the story should progress? Gimme some ideas and I'll run with it.

I love hearing what you think!