BONUS CHAPTER

A/N:
This story is officially completed, yes. But if you guys remember, I once said that I have an idea for another Olivarry fic. Well, my friend and I were gushing over Barry, Oliver and Barry/Oliver and she said that, with the looks they give each other onscreen, they may as well be having an affair. I was about to reply that it might be possible but instead, a word vomit happened. And a drabble was born. Since, this was basically my tiny idea having taken shape, I decided to post it here. As an extra.

Enjoy!

***

Maybe they had an affair, before Oliver got marooned on the island.

Maybe, Barry and Oliver were in love. But Oliver got scared of the way he felt around Barry, like he couldn't breathe but never wanted to move away, like Barry was a necessity to his life. He got so scared that he broke things up.

Words were said, words that they didn't mean, words that had a sole purpose of hurting the other as much as they hurt.

And Oliver threw himself into partying like there was no tomorrow (even though he always gravitated towards brunettes, always searched the room for that bright laugh and smiling eyes but never could, always drank himself into oblivion, became a playboy, hated himself deep down, hated Barry deep down, but loved him so much it hurt sometimes, could feel where Barry had carved himself into his soul, that throbbing place that pulsed with love and longing and yearning and just Barry).

As for Barry, he threw himself into studies, tried to replace the heartache and love (he still loved that beautiful Douche even though Oliver had ripped his heart out like it was nothing, still wished that Oliver was happy, had someone to take care of him). Barry immersed himself in chemistry and forensics and told himself it was because they were his most passionate subjects (told himself that it didn't remind him of Oliver's sparkling eyes when chemical reactions threw up silvery blue sparks, told himself that bubbling chemicals didn't remind him of Oliver's laugh, his determined gaze, his smile and that little dimple that showed when he smiled a secret smile just for Barry). He told himself that he was over him and that he deserved someone more that Oliver, told himself it didn't tear him apart every time he saw news reports of the billionaire playboy, told himself he did not notice the hollow look in his ex-lover's deadened eyes, told himself that he did not notice just how fake that smile was.

Then, it was that accursed boat ride, and it was all Oliver could do to stay alive. Even though he had the photo of Laurel, everytime he looked at that brownish golden hair, it was Barry he remembered, Barry he wanted to get back to, it was Barry he wanted to survive for, it was Barry he wanted to see just once more, god please.

Barry never expected Oliver to die, he couldn't imagine larger-than-life Oliver to be done in by a storm of all things. That ache in his soul, that pressure that pressed down upon him, that overwhelming need to scream into the void that it was NOT FUCKING FAIR, not Oliver, it was not supposed to be Oliver. He wouldn't have been able to survive if it wasn't for Iris, her soft words, her quiet support and her unwavering strength. He still went to sleep with Oliver in his mind, woke up with Oliver's name on his lips.

Oliver was going back home. But he was too broken, too shattered to ever burden Barry with his tattered self.

He vowed to stay away.

Barry felt like he could finally breathe, after months of agony, when he saw the news that OLIVER WAS ALIVE. Oliver never came to see him, his messages were never replied to, his calls were never attended. But it was alright. He was alive and that's all Barry had ever wanted (even though he would have preferred it if Oliver could be alive and happy with him).

Life went on.

Till, Central City's CSI went to Starling City for a case that seemed very odd.

***
A/N 2:
Let me know if you guys would rather this part stayed in this story or if I should remove it. It's not edited much.

Also, let me know how you found it to be. All comments and likes are much appreciated.

If you wanna chat/scream about something or someone/exchange recs, my tumblr is on my profile.

Love you all!
XO