I Set Them Up to Knock Them Down

Chapter 3

Marina's P.O.V.

I strode through the castle, grabbing a male servant by the shirt, bringing his ear to my ear,"Kill him." I pointed to another male servant. I handed him the dagger and he widened his eyes. "I expect it to be done by the time I'm done with someone else. Ta." I slid past him, brushing the tip of the dagger with my fingers.

I walked through the castle, ordering the same of other people to kill the male servants. To be honest, I didn't like boys really at all. I wanted them gone, except for the guards. I grabbed a maid and pointed to the last man. I took out a large knife and drew it lightly across my neck. She widened her eyes, but I grabbed her throat and nodded fiercely,"Or else.." She bit her lip and walked to the last man. I smiled and walked to the middle of the large room and sat on the throne. I looked at the expanse of dead men around the room, the last one falling with a scream. I was surprised slightly. These people knew how to carry out orders. I will train my girls to fight.

"Ladies, and guards," I exclaimed. "Get the other guards to clean this mess-"I gestured to the bodies,"up. Thank you, darlin'." I kissed the guards cheek and with a stern face he and the other guards began to pick up the dead servants. "Now, ladies. "I captured the girls' attention again, surveying their bloody hands or dresses. Some were perfectly clean. They all had wild faces. Why had I not noticed this before? All the women murdered so easily, all it took was an order and a threat of their life. I smiled. I stood,"Daggers, knives; weapons, please."

One by one they dropped their weapons I gave them in front of my throne that I gave them. I gestured to a guard to pick them up and clean them. He swiftly placed them in a woolen sack and disappeared.

Joy filled up in me. So this is what it's like to be queen..

Loki's P.O.V

I stood up and walked out of the room, not looking back. I got what I wanted didn't I? Yet somehow this way didn't feel right.. My stomach twisted and I shook my head furiously. No. This is what I wanted. I am King. I have the throne. Never would I be the shadow again. Thor was the shadow now. I bit my lip and walked through the hallway to the throne room. I slowly sat down. Instantly, I felt the power and weight of the title, the new title I beared. I shut my eyes, taking it in. Thor and Odin would be forgotten. For I would rule better than Odin and Thor would've combined. I opened my eyes and glanced around the room. People of the court were gathered already. Jotuns and guards stood threateningly around them. They are not loyal to me.. yet, I realized.

I stood and they kneeled, filling me with such gratification, I actually smiled a real smile. I breathed out a happy sigh. Delayed gratification, was all it was. All I need along was patience. I held my scepter in my hand and looked at their downturned faces as they kneeled. "Look at me,"I commanded. They did and I saw it, on their faces- fear. "Odin, he is.. dead?" said a woman in front. I narrowed my eyes at her. Was she trying to ruin my good mood?My voice hardened as I replied,"Yes. Yes. I am your King now, and you will claim loyalty to me. Understand?" I walked slowly to the kneeling crowd, silence breaking with their soft whispers of 'yes' and the gently thump of my shoes.

"Do you all understand? Do you?" I said louder, commanding them to meet my loud voice. "Yes!We understand!" they replied louder. "Will you fight for me?" I looked at each of them straight on, studying their faces as I walked through them. I could tell their legs were getting tired of kneeling and fear made them shake. "Yes!" they cried. "Say my name,"I said. Their heads were bowed respectively as they said,"Loki."

"Say my name!"

"Loki!"

"SAY.MY.NAME.!!"

"LOKI!!"They cried.