The Outsider

Chapter 4

Marina's P.O.V.

I wreaked havoc. I spun around dancing, not caring anymore. The bodies I had asked to be cleaned were strung across the room instead. I told the guards to take a break and drink some shampain or something. The girls danced with me, asked to wear their best white dresses. I wore a white dress, already bloodstained, because I had collapsed from the dizziness of spinning in circles, and the blood on the cold hard ground soaked in it. I got up, laughing and kept dancing. The girls did the same. Happiness filled me. I was ecstatic! Why didn't I eliminate my father earlier. Being a queen was perfect.

Music filled the air as a girl with with a birdsong voice sang beautifully across the room. I was floating in the music. Grinning at the white dressed women, I pushed the nearest one into a bloodstained spot on the floor. She fell, looking surprised, but I gave her a stern look that commanded her to laugh. She tilted her head back, and laughed a dazzling laugh. I beamed, pushing more girls, and more were having more red than white dresses. Other girls pushed others, causing tinkering and lights laughs that made me dance more enthusiastically, stepping over the bodies lightly. I was barefoot, twirling, endlessly spinning, and pushing, and twirling and laughing. I paused for breath, surveying the bloodied dresses on the spinning, dancing girls around me.

I panted, clutching my side. I sorely wanted to dance more but I felt horrible. I overexerted myself. "Stop,"I said to the girls softly between pants. "You can stop now, I'm done,"I said a bit louder, trying to catch my breath. They still danced and laughed and twirled and pushed and laughed.

"STOP!" I yelled. They stopped laughing and twirling and dancing and pushing.

"I-I'm done, ladies. I'm tired. Okay so now just.." I looked at their joyful, silent faces. I struggled for something to do. A sudden weariness drifted over me and walked to the throne, settling into it tiredly. How could I go from so happy to bored and weary? My side hurt and my feet ached. The stench of blood filled my nostrils. I smiled weakly, "Let's have a feast? Someone, go get the chefs to stir up a feast, tell them the Queen ordered." A girl skipped lightly away to go through with my orders. The other women watched her, then looked back at me. I felt utterly clueless. Frustration built inside of me. "Guards!"I yelled.

"Um, my Queen, you told them to go drink some shampain. You gave them a break."

I groaned. The bodies were starting to smell. And my tiled floor was drenched in bloody footprints.

"Okay ladies go get mops and clean up the blood. When the guards come back they can get the bodies. Go on now,"I watched their shoulders slump. "Aww," Some cooed. Anger surged in me and I felt compelled to order them to do all of it but i restrained myself. I need them to like me a bit. No need and making them hate me. I wiped some sweat from my forehead. I stood and told one of the last maids to prepare me a bath. All this dancing had made me sweaty and I felt gross. Plus my dress had the salty smell of blood.

"You're bath is ready my Queen, need me to accompany you?" The maid said as she came back after a bit. I shook my head,"What's your name, though?"

"Marlene, Your Grace,"She curtsied.

I smirked,"Thanks Marley. You may go and help the other girls mop. "

She nodded and joined them as I went to my chambers.

I stepped into the warm bath and sighed.

Lana's P.O.V

As I took the bifrost to Midgard, I smiled to myself. Loki was such a handsome, interesting character.

--

It was easy to find Queen Marina's castle. I found it within the day and approached the castle doors.

Guards looked at me inquiringly.

"My name is Lana and I am lost. I saw this castle and I would like to take shelter here if her Highness will have me." I bowed.

The guards exchanged glances. I waited. "Let me ask the queen, Lost Lana,"one guard teased and went inside.

"Hello,"I said to the other guard. He nodded.

"You are quiet. What ails you from speaking, sir?" I asked. He shrugged.

I shrugged back.

We stood there awkwardly silent.

The door opened and what I assumed to be the queen, stepped out.

Her hair was dripping and wet and she had a bright pink robe on. She had dark roots at the crest of her hair and the rest fell down is blond wet ringlets. Her eyes were dark brown with dark mascara coating long, beautiful eyelashes. On her cheek was a drawn on heart. She was gorgeous.

She surveyed me likewise and smile,"Who are you? I am the Queen, Marina."

I curtsied politely,"I am Lana and I wish to stay here-"

"How long?" Marina interrupted.

"A week, if I may," I replied, dipping my head. Marina ran her hands through her wet hair and nodded. "Sure, Lana. Come in."

I followed her, surprised. It was so much easier than I thought. Now Rule Number 1, Don't Get Killed.