Girls

LANA's POV

I stretched lazily in Marina's bed. It was huge and soft, the sheets silky and baby blue. I had the light still on, but was too comfortable to turn it off.
Marina walked in a white nightgown. I sat up. She whimpered softly, like a discontent puppy and said,"I can't sleep."
"Aren't we a little old to be having sleepovers?" I laughed.
She made a face and threw a fluffy, pink pillow at me,"Shush. I am a queen, so I can have as many sleepovers as I want." She twirled glamorously and stretched her arms high above her head.
She hummed and came over. I scooted over and pulled back the covers. She hopped in beside me.
"Do you sing Lana?" She asked me, pulling the covers over her.
"I love singing," I replied, surprised at her question.
"I love it, too." Marina's pink lips opened and she sang,"Primadonna girl, yeah, all I ever wanted was the world. I can't help that I need it all, the primadonna life, the rise and fall. You say that I'm kinda difficult, but it's always someone else's fault. Got you wrapped around my finger, babe. You can count on me to misbehave."
"Beautiful," I murmured, loving her unique voice.
"Sing for me, Lana," she said happily.
I drew in a breath and stood on the bed, I couldn't sit. I looked down at her.
"Blue jeans, white shirt. Walked into the room, you know you made my eyes burn. You were like James Dean, for sure, you're so fresh to death and sick as c-cancer. " I stopped. Her jaw had dropped.
"Lana, your voice!" She stood, too.
"Yes?" I blushed.
"It's a dream," Marina breathed and I smiled so hard my cheeks hurt.
"Thank you," I replied and slowly sat down," Maybe.. We should sing together one day."
"Yes!" The queen chirped and sat too,"But for now.. Let's girl talk."
"Oh," I rolled my eyes,"Boys, then?"
A side of her mouth quirked upward,"What else?" She giggled.
"Marina, Marina, do you have any certain boys you'd like to talk about?" I teased, licking my lips and waggling my eyebrows.
She hit me playfully,"Naughty, naughty. I killed most of them."
I tried to smile and failed.
Marina sighed," Are you judging me, Lana? Because I thought we were friends. I thought you were okay with it .. I can see you cover up your disgust. Do you find me.... Shameful?"
I gasped and immediately touched her arm," I would never think of you that way! We are friends! It's just.. I'm not used to death and killing people.. Forgive me, friend!"
Her eyes narrowed for a moment and then, she was almost like a bashful child that had only dropped her toy for a moment and retrieved it quickly.
"I forgive you, Lana. You are my only friend, afterall, so I treat you extra special. That's why you don't have to address me formally. I trust you... You are likely the only person who's never lied to me. I like that. "
She hugged me and I couldn't help but feel nagging guilt tug at my stomach. I wanted to tell her so badly.. But something kept me really quiet. Perhaps it was Loki's threat..
"I love you," she said, pulling back.
"I love you too," I genuinely smiled," You are a great friend and a powerful and glamorous queen."
She thanked me softly and slid down into the covers.
Minutes passed before she whispered uncertainly," Do you think the kingdom will not rebel against me?"
I spoke firmly," I don't think they will rebel, if they are in their right minds."
Marina turned off the light.
"Good," she replied," Good."