Intro: Caught

The night was cold but clear, no clouds to hold in the heat. The light jacket I had brought wasn't enough. I crossed my arms, hopping to keep in some of my body heat. A slight breeze sent shivers down my back, making me feel uncomfortable. The streets were empty of people, only the occasional shop owner closing up. Street lights lined the sidewalk, lighting up my path.

Home was only a few blocks away. But it still felt like miles. The wind picked up, making me shiver. My blonde hair blew in the wind, blocking my sight of the sidewalk. When the wind died down, I moved my hair from my face with a shaky, frozen hand. Smart of me to forget gloves. I looked back in front of me to make sure I wouldn't hit any obstacles that I had missed when my hair was in my face.

Thankfully, there wasn't anything there, but something else had caught my eye. A slight, dark movement, so small I doubted I even saw it. My pace slowed and then finally stopped when a warm drift of air came from an upcoming alleyway. The air felt nice, warming up my nose and ears. Although, something was off. The air wasn't only warm but it held an interesting aroma.

It reminded me of the days when I was younger and I would help my grandfather wash his old, beat-up, antique, rustic car. A very distinct metallic smell. It held a slight vile tinge that made my nose wrinkle.

My feet continued forward, slowly and cautiously. I peered around the corner, expecting to see someone. The moon shined down, taking the position of the street lights. Large metal trash bins lined the alleyway. All was quiet and calm. I came out from the protection of the wall and took a few steps into the alley. On my final step, I heard splattering. The same sound you'd hear if you stepped into a puddle. But it hadn't rained in the past few days.

I looked down at my foot and a small, almost nonexistent pool of liquid laid below my foot. I bent down and pulled my hand out of my coat pocket. I dabbed my finger into the pool. It was warm, nothing like the temperature surrounding. It was thick and seemed to be the origin of the metallic smell.

As I brought my hand closer to my face, the liquid caught the light from the moon and glowed a dark red. Blood. I looked up and followed the trail of blood that I had missed before.

I cautiously stood up and followed the trail. The trail led to the side of one of the dumpsters and as I neared it, I could hear heavy breathing. It was quick and irregular.

"Hello?" I asked nervously. My voice sounded loud in the empty night. I got no answer as I got closer. When I turned the corner, I kept my distance. But as soon as I saw what it was, I edged closer. A boy that looked around the same age as me sat against the wall as he hugged his legs. His head was down and his tangled, wet hair blocked my view of his face.

He wore a dark t-shirt and dark pants, making him blend into the shadows. His arms had fresh scratches lining them. Blood smeared his hands and clothes.

"Are-are you okay?" I asked as I slowly reached out a hand. Before I could touch him, his hand shot out lightning fast and grabbed mine. My breath caught in my chest. I tried to pull away but I was held in place. His head slowly turned up and I froze when I saw his face. Blood covered his mouth, showing off the paleness of the rest of his skin.

My heart thundered in my chest, blocking out any other sounds of the night. What bothered me the most, though, was his eyes. They weren't brown, blue, green, or hazel. The were red.

My eyes switched back and forth from his hand, still holding onto me, and his eyes. His eyes told a story. A story that didn't turn out well for me and a story that I didn't want to play out.

"L-let me go." I tried to sound threatening but it came out more as a whimper.

A smirk formed on the boys face, sending shivers down my spine. His hold on my wrist tightened.

"You're mine now."

-------------

◉_◉

ohhhhhhh! What's next?

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Did you love the story? I hope you did! Please show your support for the story but clicking that cute little VOTE button and maybe even leaving a short comment here. Thank you so much!